Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota Five Best Cornerbacks

I'd put Rhodes ahead of Winfield now. As good as Winfield was, he was never the "shut-down" corner that Rhodes has become the last couple of seasons. The stats of the best receivers in the NFL go way down when facing XR.

Winfield was a hitter...personally I'd rather have a guy knock down passes than hit the guy who caught it.Or better yet, not even be tested because of your skill-set

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Winfield was a hitter...personally I'd rather have a guy knock down passes than hit the guy who caught it.Or better yet, not even be tested because of your skill-set
Agreed.  As much as I liked Winfield I believe X is a better CB.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@Vanguard83 said:
Agreed.  As much as I liked Winfield I believe X is a better CB.
Winfields best known for attacking (and defeating) those bubble screens and other plays at the LOS as well as jumping up in run support,  this is something that Rhodes has done very well himself.

We've come a long way from when we trotted Hitchcock and Tate out there...

Ok I'll make it unanimous among us. An X is greater then a W for this argument. Rhodes is so good QB's hardly make him work.

When I read this thread title I thought it was regarding our current roster of CBs. Maybe they WILL Turn out to be the "Minnesota 5"....Of course, I may be jumping the gun a bit but a CB roster of Rhodes, Waynes, Alexander, Hughes and Hill looks pretty damn good on paper, at least, with T-New as Mr. Miyagi to round out the group.