Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC now facing great expectations...
Zulgad: Pressure packed: Kirk Cousins now facing great expectations
Kirk Cousins knows all about pressure.He encountered it the past three seasons while starting at quarterback for the Washington Redskins, and he felt it grow the past two years as Washington placed the franchise tag on him and thus paid him $44 million in guaranteed income during that time.

But Cousins spent that time in an underdog role, yelling “you like that?!” at those he thought didn’t believe, and was able to use the doubt of others as motivation to prove he was better than many thought. Twenty-nine touchdowns and 4,166 yards passing in 2015. You like that?! Twenty-five touchdowns and 4,917 yards passing in 2016. How about that?! Twenty-seven touchdowns and 4,093 yards passing in 2017. Take that!
But as Cousins enters the final day of Vikings’ minicamp on Thursday, and thus the last day before he begins his first training camp with a new team, the pressure on the 29-year-old has changed. Where there was once doubt about Cousins, there is now a massive investment in him.
The Vikings rewarded the free agent with a three-year, $84 million contract that is fully guaranteed in March because they saw him as an upgrade on 2017 starting QB Case Keenum and are banking on the fact that Cousins can deliver the first Super Bowl championship to Minnesota.
When the Vikings open camp in their new training facility in Eagan, the pressure on Cousins is going to be massive. A solid regular season that gets the Vikings into the playoffs isn’t going to be good enough. Not with this defense and not with two receivers like Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen.
Keenum helped lead the Vikings to a 13-3 finish and the NFC title game last season after having replaced the injured Sam Bradford after Week 1. While there were doubts about how far Keenum could take the Vikings, he had the luxury of being a pleasant surprise every time he succeeded.
Cousins has no such luxury...

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/0...ectations/

I wonder how many articles will come out about all the pressure on KC before the first game. Man these articles are getting redundant as hell.
•talk about his past history in Washington. Check
•talk about his huge contract with Vikings. Check
•talk about all the pressure to deliver. Check
•talk about his new "weapons" in Diggs etc.. Check
•talk about Vikings previous year. Check
•talk about how its SB or bust etc. Check
•talk about the Vikes stacked D. Check
•talk about if it will be a failure if Vikes don't win a SB. Check

Am I missing anything? I think I have read dozens of articles going over the same stuff over and over and over and over. Not one new angle on this whole story. Man, TC won't get here soon enough.

Quote: @"NorthernCalVike" said:
I wonder how many articles will come out about all the pressure on KC before the first game. Man these articles are getting redundant as hell.

Am I missing anything? I think I have read dozens of articles going over the same stuff over and over and over and over. Not one new angle on this whole story. Man, TC won't get here soon enough.
Yeah, the writers are sure beating this to death...  let's just go win the whole damn thing so we can get some fresh new material next offseason!!!  I can already see the headlines now...
Can the Vikings repeat?
New dynasty in the NFC North?
Is Mike Zimmer the best coach in the NFL?
Defense DOES win Championships...
Kirk Cousins gives Dan Snyder the middle finger...

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"NorthernCalVike" said:

Yeah, the writers are sure beating this to death...  let's just go win the whole damn thing so we can get some fresh new material next offseason!!!  I can already see the headlines now...
Can the Vikings repeat?
New dynasty in the NFC North?
Is Mike Zimmer the best coach in the NFL?
Defense DOES win Championships...
Kirk Cousins gives Dan Snyder the middle finger...

Do Bear fans need a new insult?
How many SB you won just won't work anymore... Check and mate.