Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carr's Success A Lesson In Prospect Evaluation

one of the easiest evals I've ever done. Was a top 10 pick all day. I'm not sure what NFL "experts" watch lol. In all seriousness, NFL evaluators as well as media pundits are relatively poor overall when it comes to QB's. I'm not sure if it's the pressure or group think, but they sure do struggle. 

I remember having him and Teddy as my 1A 1B guys.  I wasn't going to be disappointed unless we didn't get 1 of the two.  I was certain I wanted nothing to do with manzel although I did try to make myself start to like that option as the rumors started to fly that he was going to be the pick just so I wouldn't be to disappointed if it happened.  

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
one of the easiest evals I've ever done. Was a top 10 pick all day. I'm not sure what NFL "experts" watch lol. In all seriousness, NFL evaluators as well as media pundits are relatively poor overall when it comes to QB's. I'm not sure if it's the pressure or group think, but they sure do struggle. 
I liked him quite a bit too...intangibles were off the charts...I think if he a slightly better supporting cast in college he would have gone a round higher...bad bowl game hurt him...

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I remember having him and Teddy as my 1A 1B guys.  I wasn't going to be disappointed unless we didn't get 1 of the two.  I was certain I wanted nothing to do with manzel although I did try to make myself start to like that option as the rumors started to fly that he was going to be the pick just so I wouldn't be to disappointed if it happened.  

I agree on all counts but that he would be the pick. I am glad he wasn't. I actually wanted Carr number 1 and I wasn't quiet about it lol.

I didn't want Bridgewater initially, but I didn't dwell on it long and got behind the pick. Like I do with any other draft choice the Vikings take. But Carr was my guy. 

I think sometimes scouts and coaches get enamored by workouts and combine numbers and tend to look at a college career as secondary.  Especially with quarterbacks, they pick apart even part of their game instead of trusting what they see them do against major college opponents or big games when the bright lights come on.