Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rehabbing Vikings RB Dalvin Cook: ‘I’m still that same guy’
He averaged 4.8 yards per carry and was on pace for 1,416 rushing yards and eight touchdowns before he was injured.
“I’m still that same guy,” Cook said. “I’m still Dalvin Cook. I haven’t left. The motivation is still there. The talent is still here, just a little older, that’s it.”
Cook is eager to work under new offensive coordinator John DeFilippo, not only carrying the ball out of the backfield but participating more in the passing attack as well.
“It’s an offense that I’ve always wanted to be in,” he said. “Coach DeFilippo just wants to get his guys in space and give them the ball. Let us make plays. He just wants us to run free. There’s a lot of green grass for everybody on the field for us to run, so we’ve just got to go out there and make plays for him because he’s going to call the right stuff.”

The Vikings will not practice in full pads until training camp in late July. Coach Mike Zimmer said this stage of Cook’s rehabilitation is about him re-acclimating to carrying the ball in traffic as opposed to determining what he can do with it.
https://www.twincities.com/2018/06/05/re...-same-guy/

Important part of this offense. He should be mentally and physically ready to go come beginning of September.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Important part of this offense. He should be mentally and physically ready to go come beginning of September.
The promise of Cousins & Dalvin added to last years offense makes me a little giddy. And I dont get giddy very often lol!

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
The promise of Cousins & Dalvin added to last years offense makes me a little giddy. And I dont get giddy very often lol!
Not me.  I'm just wondering which key component will get injured.

Quote: @Scoog said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
Not me.  I'm just wondering which key component will get injured.
I wish I didn't feel this way....but I do.