Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which draft picks by Vikings opponents could make the biggest impact in ’18?
Green Bay – CB, Jaire Alexander
After posting the second worst quarterback rating against, the Packers loaded up on corners in the draft by picking Alexander and Josh Jackson. Both will likely play a big role when the Vikings travel to Green Bay in Week 2. Of course, their task won’t be easy against Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen. Alexander is known as a technically proficient, physical corner, which could make for some good battles.
Los Angeles – LB, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
The Rams gave up their top draft picks in trades, but may have found a gem in the fifth round. Okoronkwo had 17.5 tackles for loss and eight sacks last season with Oklahoma. He may end up with a rotational pass rushing role in Wade Phillips’ defense.
Philadelphia – TE, Dallas Goedert
Compared to Zach Ertz in the lead up to the draft, Goedert will play alongside one of the NFL’s best tight ends in Philly. Last year in the NFC title game, Ertz ripped up the Vikings, meaning they will be focusing on him closely this season. Doug Pederson may turn to his rookie as a change up.
New Orleans – DE, Marcus Davenport
The Saints must have really loved Davenport to trade away assets to move up in the first round. The 6-foot-7 pass rusher had 8.5 sacks and 17.5 tackles for loss last season. If he translates in short order, the Saints will have a dangerous pass rush with him and Cameron Jordan.
Detroit – C, Frank Ragnow
The apple of the Vikings’ eye will now be battling in the trenches against them. Ragnow is an NFL-ready lineman with rare size/quickness/strength. He will get an introduction into the NFL matching p with Linval Joseph.
Chicago – WR, Anthony Miller
While the Bears nabbed a top linebacker and center in the draft, they may have gotten one of the biggest steals in Anthony Miller. The Memphis wide receiver is considered a dynamic receiver with outstanding elusiveness. Chicago also hired a new head coach in Matt Nagy, who could find a niche for his rookie right away.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/0...impact-18/

CHI -  Roquan Smith could be rookie defensive player of the year.

The reverse impact: we pass on James Daniels and the Bears take him. They get a day-1 starter and the Vikes are trying to duct-tape RG with Isadora/Compton/Gossett, or move Remmers to RG and spit-glue RT with Hill/Collins (O'Neill is an RT like I'm an NBA center).

With Ed Hochuli and Jeff Triplette jogging off into the sunset, the NFL named two new referees to take their place. Former back judge Shawn Hochuli -- Ed's son -- was promoted to referee as was former side judge Alex Kemp.

Wink 

Quote: @RS Express said:
The reverse impact: we pass on James Daniels and the Bears take him. They get a day-1 starter and the Vikes are trying to duct-tape RG with Isadora/Compton/Gossett, or move Remmers to RG and spit-glue RT with Hill/Collins (O'Neill is an RT like I'm an NBA center).
If Daniels can make the transition from center to guard but I am glad we passed.  His best position is Center and I don't want to mess with the success we had with Elflein at Center.

Price, Ragnow were also prime targets for us that played more center in college and both went before we could even get in move up range.  Then their is Wynn, who I thought was a perfect fit, but the Pats took him at 23 which was also too high for us to even have the ability to move up for - not enough ammo.  

After those 3 were gone, and we clearly didn't like Hernanadez for our ZBS, I am glad we didn't reach for any ole OL/OG....we didn't value them as high as Hughes and we didn't reach, we went BPA which most people say they want prior to a draft.  

Daniels had multiple scouting reports that said he needed to add more strength.

Guru wondered if Minnesota really wanted 3 smaller interior O-Line guys,.which the team would have had with Easton/Elf/Daniels. Nimble and able to get to the second level and kick ass, but potentially vulnerable to teams with big interior guys.

I agree. Easton/Elf is good but gimme some more more road grader at RG. Not Hernandez big, that's a little too different. Gosset to me is the future here. Remmers nips Izzy in TC but it's his last year on the team. Izzy will hopefully push out Compton in 2019 as the primary backup at both Guard spots.