Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In ‘year of the twins,’ Mackensie Alexander hopes brother Mackenro joins him with Vikings
This weekend, safety Mackenro Alexander is trying out with the Vikings at a rookie minicamp with the hope of joining his twin Mackenzie on the roster.
“So it’s the year of the twins,” said Trey Robinson, the agent for both Alexanders.
Mackenro, who was a key reserve for Iowa State at nickel linebacker, wasn’t selected in the April 26-28 NFL draft, but the Vikings invited him to their rookie minicamp over the weekend.
Mackenzie, a cornerback who played at Clemson, was the Vikings’ second-round draft pick in 2016. He played about a third of the defensive snaps last season as a nickel back.
“It’s a miracle,” Mackenro, 24, said of trying out with his brother’s team. “I’m blessed to be here. I didn’t see it happening. When I got the phone call from my agent (about the camp invitation), I was ecstatic. I was with my brother. He was so excited.”
The odds are against Mackenro earning a roster spot with Minnesota, but he’s not worried about that.
https://www.twincities.com/2018/05/05/ma...r-vikings/

not even a starter in college... long odds would be an understatement unless he can fit the S/LB dual role that Zim has wanted,  he is pretty small at 5'11" and only 203 and was involved in some violent shit off the field that he ended up pleading down to.

Mackensie better just focus on his own job here...