Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Todd Bowles can’t say if Teddy Bridgewater will do everything at OTAs
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
If Simeian and Sloter both show well.. perhaps we trade TS out of camp or early in the year for a day 2 pick and roll with Sloter at the #2... or perhaps its to early to even be speculating.
What did we give a 5 rounder for him? I think he would have to have an awesome TC to get a early day 2 pick for him Jimmy. I would like to see what Sloter has to show this year.

Quote: @"Norse" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
If Simeian and Sloter both show well.. perhaps we trade TS out of camp or early in the year for a day 2 pick and roll with Sloter at the #2... or perhaps its to early to even be speculating.
What did we give a 5 rounder for him? I think he would have to have an awesome TC to get a early day 2 pick for him Jimmy. I would like to see what Sloter has to show this year.
depends on whose starting QB goes down early in the year.  if we could turn that 5th rounder into a 3rd rounder...good trade.

That royally sucks, I still wish him well regardless.

I have always been a Teddy guy but it looks like for the franchise that the Vikings front office once again made the right call.  Teddy should have let the contract toll (Teddy would have ended up with more money I think the Jets will cut him) and I think the Vikings would have kept him, but to commit to Teddy more than that toll contract would have been foolish given the unsure state of his knee.

I really hope Teddy recovers fully. 

Quote: @"PSBLAKE" said:
I have always been a Teddy guy but it looks like for the franchise that the Vikings front office once again made the right call.  Teddy should have let the contract toll (Teddy would have ended up with more money I think the Jets will cut him) and I think the Vikings would have kept him, but to commit to Teddy more than that toll contract would have been foolish given the unsure state of his knee.

I really hope Teddy recovers fully. 

Maybe the Vikings never even pursued tolling the contract because they didn't think Teddy would be worth the $2 million next year based on the status of his knee.  

I'm not sure we'll ever know the truth.

I don't think Bridgewater will ever be the same. That leg will continue to be a potential problem, the injury was just too severe. If he's not deemed healthy by end of training camp, the Jets will cut him and no other team will probably touch him this season. Can't commit to a roster spot for someone that might not be able to play. He'll get another chance next late Spring for the 2019.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I don't think Bridgewater will ever be the same. That leg will continue to be a potential problem, the injury was just too severe. If he's not deemed healthy by end of training camp, the Jets will cut him and no other team will probably touch him this season. Can't commit to a roster spot for someone that might not be able to play. He'll get another chance next late Spring for the 2019.
No, he probably won't be, but what a come-back story it would make. I feel really bad for the kid, I hope he's made enough $$ of that rookie contract to be set for some time. 

We'll know more about his physical status I suspect be end of August...

If he gets cut,  I wonder if he would return to Minny with the designation to go right to IR?  He could still train with the team and possibly be an option in19 to back up Cousins.  Siemien will be a FA and who knows whats in Sloters future.  If he really cant catch on with the Jets he is really not ready this year I would think.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
If he gets cut,  I wonder if he would return to Minny with the designation to go right to IR?  He could still train with the team and possibly be an option in19 to back up Cousins.  Siemien will be a FA and who knows whats in Sloters future.  If he really cant catch on with the Jets he is really not ready this year I would think.
I don't see how Teddy going on IR in 2019 is an option...  he's already sat out the entire 2016 season and only played a handful of snaps in 2017.  If he's healthy, he'll easily win a roster spot with the Jets.  If they cut him, it'll be because that knee is a major concern.  If that's the case...  I doubt he plays again.  We'll see...

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
I don't see how Teddy going on IR in 2019 is an option...  he's already sat out the entire 2016 season and only played a handful of snaps in 2017.  If he's healthy, he'll easily win a roster spot with the Jets.  If they cut him, it'll be because that knee is a major concern.  If that's the case...  I doubt he plays again.  We'll see...
I wouldnt see what it would hurt.  if healthy he is a talent,  if he isnt healthy in a year he retires.  he wouldnt count against the cap or the roster so I dont see a negative in kicking the tires if the jets release him.