Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An interesting tidbit
I read somewhere, maybe Walters or somewhere else, that a GM had anonymously broken the Draft down as having only 15 players with an actual 1st Round Grade, over 40 with 2nd Round grades and over 30 with 3rd Round Grades.

If this is the case I bet Rick wanted to move back as soon as Ragnow, Price and Wynn were gone but was only getting poor offers because teams don't want to move out of the sweet spot in the Draft.

Will be interesting to see his approach tonight. He's only got two picks in this alleged sweet spot. Does he move back for more? Is there someone on his Board like Cook was last year that he can't resist moving up to get? Will he completely ignore the Offensive Line and risk mutiny on the Longship?

No matter what happens it won't be boring.

I agree that there were not that many blue chips in this draft.  Interesting that Hernandez was not in that category.  We'll see what happens today.

I don't think they had much interest in moving down when Hughes was there.  They sprinted to put their card in.

I think having the 5th year for a position that takes some time to develop was huge.  Hughe to play the pun. 

Supposedly they took 5 or 6 calls when we were still 6 picks away, zero while we were on the clock...