Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You think Richardson is one season and outta here?
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
interesting little story I will add here since we are on the 3T.  I was visiting with a kid who grew up near Reiff,  played against him in HS,  works with and knows the family quite well.  He thinks the reason the Vikes werent interested in Suh may have to do with the fact that Riley and donkeykong actually dont like each other... at all.  I vaguely remembered hearing about this a few years back,  but apparently suh is not a well liked guy in the locker room,  anyway things boiled over in practice and Riley ended up kicking the shit out of Suh.  Now the Lions fined both players,  but Rileys fine was paid by his teammates.  so perhaps although this wasnt likely a determining factor,  it might be a reason why the team was not interested in waiting for Suh to come available to kick those tires... the dude is a turd.  

completely off topic,  but I thought it was an interesting bit to share.

Very interesting story and I have no doubt Vikings management talks to players to get info about their former teammates.
But they may not have even needed Reiff's input to know Suh is a thug and trouble in the locker room.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:
interesting little story I will add here since we are on the 3T.  I was visiting with a kid who grew up near Reiff,  played against him in HS,  works with and knows the family quite well.  He thinks the reason the Vikes werent interested in Suh may have to do with the fact that Riley and donkeykong actually dont like each other... at all.  I vaguely remembered hearing about this a few years back,  but apparently suh is not a well liked guy in the locker room,  anyway things boiled over in practice and Riley ended up kicking the shit out of Suh.  Now the Lions fined both players,  but Rileys fine was paid by his teammates.  so perhaps although this wasnt likely a determining factor,  it might be a reason why the team was not interested in waiting for Suh to come available to kick those tires... the dude is a turd.  

Very interesting story and I have no doubt Vikings management talks to players to get info about their former teammates.
But they may not have even needed Reiff's input to know Suh is a thug and trouble in the locker room.

Simply this...one's a professional and other one isn't.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Not necessarily completely off topic.  Thanks for posting.  Now we "know the rest of the story".
I love hearing these kinds of inside info.

he also shared that Reilly is about as down to earth as you can get.   one offseason he was back home and they were getting ready to work a bunch of cattle and Reilly started to jump in... well one of his family members say this and started ripping him a new one.  They said there was no way in hell they wanted to risk him getting hurt messing with cattle when he had just signed a multi million dollar football contract.  He pretty much had to be drug away by a few others and he was pretty pissed about not being allowed to help.

you hear about those guys that have the money and blow it... well apparently Reilly has heard about them as well.  his apartment was tiny and as plain as a person could imagine.  supposedly about $650 month,  and when he wanted a fishing boat he was shopping the rummage sale ads and craigslist for some cheap old bomber.

now these might not be current stories,  but it kind of speaks to the kind of guy capn kirk has watching his backside.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

That is a really cool story!!  Thanks!  Since Miami let him go, we already pretty much knew that the guy was a problem.  Now he's the Rams' problem.  =)