Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In-depth interview with Zimmer
Quote: @Kentis said:
[Image: r46cumg09yq8.jpg][Image: 3lyi2pwen5ua.jpg][Image: zjk3vsnk8ubh.jpg]
Nice digs Zim!  B) 

http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/20/vik...cker-room/
If his kids don't come to visit him there, I'll go down and spend a couple weekends with Zimmer!  We'll shoot some bucks and pound some beers.

BOOM

Quote: @minny65 said:
I'll tell you what, that was an excellent interview by Murphy.  Very pointed questions that revealed a lot of Zimmer's thought-process.  

Many like to bash the media at every opportunity but this interview was excellent and revealing.

Strange, but I came away feeling sorry for Zimmer.  He builds this beautiful 8,000 sq/ft mansion/ranch that he can't spent much time at but his neighbor's take care of for him.  His wife passed away 8 years ago and his youngest daughter just got married.  The ending question when he answered I "hope" my kids (not grand kids) come and hang-out at the ranch and this might not be where he retires.

Then you add his personal health issues, the personal issue with Turner, the two Lions game coaching losses, and to me (just my opinion) but he seems kinda down.

Being an NFL coach is a job most of us could never do.  The lifestyle is brutal with all the moves and the pay along the way is not good.  If you have a family it must be brutal for the spouse and children because you are rarely home.  I know everyone is going to say but he made a ton of money....but that is recent, not when the kids and family are young and really need you there.  

Zimmer seems very lonely to me! I say we make up a profile on match.com or ranchersonly.com.  Have to include the patch, chicks dig that Smile  He reached his dream job late in his career and is now entering his 4 year as HC.  I think and hope that last year just knocked-the-wind-out of him and that he is ready to rebound.
I got that same impression Minny...

Today's NFL doesn't allow for coaches to build up their system, staff, and personnel for the long haul. That's why the only dynasty in this modern era happens to be the Patriots, where Belichick has been in place for 17 years. You see the results, right? Mind you, I understand that there are plenty of coaches who aren't good enough to be retained for the long run but I'm of the opinion that Zim IS good enough. I hope that the Wilfs will think so too.

I only wish we'd signed Zim 5 years sooner.

That was a fantastic interview. He was straight up as always. I love that he asked about whether or not he lost the locker room. I didn't think he did but he got it out of the way so it's not an issue. And I think he was open and honest about what he needs to work on as a coach especially in regard to the offense. Also about his relationship with Bradford, it takes time for that to development. Having the off season and one on one time was helpful for that process. I love what he said about his daughter. He went to the bridal shower and dress fittings, that's a great dad. He is definitely one person that is for real. There is no artifice with him. And I am glad he left the Norv question alone. Onward and upward. This man has overcome some adversity in his life, he has a strong character. All the ridiculousness with his eye is over. I am looking forward to the next chapter. Good stuff right there.