Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RotoWorld: Vikings Draft Needs
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/79...ds-vikings
Excerpt:
Norris’ Mock Draft 
Round 1 (30): G Will Hernandez, UTEP - The Vikings’ roster is awesome, and Hernandez would only make it better, He’s a true mauler up the middle to pair with Nick Easton and Pat Elflein. And despite weighing something like 340 pounds at the Senior Bowl he still moved easily.

Round 2 (62): EDGE/LB Uchenna Nwosu, USC - The Vikings brought Nwosu in for a visit. Mike Zimmer has a history of linebackers who can also rush the passer. That is Nwosu, and somewhat solves two needs at once. Perhaps he will specialize down the road.

Round 3 (94): CB Duke Dawson, Florida - This draft has a handful of slot corners. Dawson might ultimately be the best. He’s a hammer, not a nail, and that mentality is right up Zimmer’s alley.

Round 5 (167): DL PJ Hall, Sam Houston State - Another prospect who visited the Vikings. Hall made a bit of noise during Shrine week and followed it up with an outstanding pro day workout. I wonder if the team will see Sharrif Floyd, albeit from a much smaller program.

Round 6 (204): WR Jordan Lasley, UCLA - Yes, more visits. The Vikings might get a steal in Lasley talent-wise if they are cool with his multiple suspensions in college (I believe they were alcohol-related).

Round 6 (213): RB Martez Carter, Grambling - The Vikings brought in Nyheim Hines for a visit, leading me to think they might want an “air” back to fill the void of Jerick McKinnon. Carter isn’t Tarik Cohen, but he strives to have the same game.

Round 6 (218): TE DeAndre Goolsby, Florida - A move tight end who appeared to be a comfortable receiver. He is the yin to David Morgan’s yang.

Round 7 (225): S Trey Marshall, Florida State – Hard-hitting safety.

That's a pretty nice draft. I would not complain if we came out of the draft with that set of picks.

One O lineman?  With our threadbare line and WR corps I hope Zimmer starts teaching his D how to score.

PJ Hall is an amazing specimen.  Only lacks height (and maybe long arms...)

Quote: @"Poiple" said:
One O lineman?  With our threadbare line and WR corps I hope Zimmer starts teaching his D how to score.
We currently have Reiff, Hill, Easton, Andrews, Elflein, Compton, Isidora, Remmers, Collins, and I’m leaving some off. I think drafting another OL early (not necessarily in the first round) is important. But how many OL are we going to carry?

At WR we have: Thielen, Diggs, Wright, Treadwell, Jones, King, Coley, and Zylstra.  We could probably use another WR, but I would not call our WR corps threadbare.  Are we giving up on Treadwell? I think they give him one more year to show he can play.

Im sure you realize it isnt the number, but the quality.  From last year’s playoffs we know that the depth they had wasnt the answer.