Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharrif Floyd breaks silence with Instagram post
Quote: @"dadevike" said:
@"claykenny" said:
@"dadevike" said:
I feel bad for Floyd. He was a young and talented player who will likely never play again.

Now the question becomes whether his was a football related injury. You really need to define what injury you are talking about. I assume the torn meniscus was football related. If, however, you argue that the real injury here is the nerve damage, that may be a med-mal injury. Of course, the surgery would not have been necessary but for the torn meniscus (i.e., the football injury). Does that make the nerve injury a football related injury, too?

As for the instagram post, I don’t think there is anything slanderous there.  No doubt that Zim sounded frustrated, but he sounds just like Parcells and plenty of other coaches. They don’t have a lot to say about a player who cannot help them win games. 

I’m sure Floyd is suing the surgeon and the hospital and whoever else msy be legally liable.  I wish him the best with that. But he is not a Viking anymore.
Unless Floyd's "nerve injury" occurred due to negligence, then it won't be a malpractice case. Why would you wish a guy the best with suing his surgeon and the hospital when you aren't even privy to the details of the case? Further, why would you wish him the best in a lawsuit against his surgeon and the hospital when said lawsuit may not even exist? 

I know the answer, but it's still worth asking.

If Floyd sues the doctor for malpractice, it is a medical malpractice case. Whether he can prove negligence and prevail in his malpractice case is a separate issue. It would still be a medical malpractice case.
From what has been reported in the media, Floyd is suffering nerve damage that occurred as a result of surgery to repair a meniscus tear. Maybe the media reports are wrong. Maybe they simply accepted Floyd's version of the events or those of his agent or lawyer. I did not do an independent investigation into the accuracy of the reports.  I took them at face value.
As for a lawsuit, if no medical professionals have advised Floyd that his surgeon screwed up or, alternatively, if all agree that the nerve damage was the result of the knee injury, then there will likely be no lawsuit. And wishing him luck on a non-existent lawsuit should not really trouble anyone. It would be harmless.
But assuming the reports are right, or that other medical professionals give Floyd an opinion that his surgeon screwed up, I am about 99% confident that Floyd will sue the doctor.  If he does, I wish him luck.
Why would I wish him luck in such a case? You say you "know the answer but it's still worth asking." Well, you SHOULD know the answer. It is not a secret. I provided it right at the start of my post.  Here it is again: "I feel bad for Floyd. He was a young and talented player who will likely never play again."

Appreciate the medical insight.  It is likely the media really doesn't know much about the cause (hippa and all that) so it would be up to someone to share that.  And that person likely has a bias, so we don't know much about what the injury is.

My wife had a nerve injury from the spinal block, her one leg went numb and didn't come back normal.  Took lots of therapy and acupuncture to get most of the function back.  So while rare, the injuries do happen and really suck.  But I doubt he would have been back on the field shortly after if his case was similar to my wife's.

Can't see the instagram post, but sad to see him dragging it through the mud.  Seems there should be better ways to resolve this, but with that much money, likely not.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"dadevike" said:
@"claykenny" said:
@"dadevike" said:
I feel bad for Floyd. He was a young and talented player who will likely never play again.

Now the question becomes whether his was a football related injury. You really need to define what injury you are talking about. I assume the torn meniscus was football related. If, however, you argue that the real injury here is the nerve damage, that may be a med-mal injury. Of course, the surgery would not have been necessary but for the torn meniscus (i.e., the football injury). Does that make the nerve injury a football related injury, too?

As for the instagram post, I don’t think there is anything slanderous there.  No doubt that Zim sounded frustrated, but he sounds just like Parcells and plenty of other coaches. They don’t have a lot to say about a player who cannot help them win games. 

I’m sure Floyd is suing the surgeon and the hospital and whoever else msy be legally liable.  I wish him the best with that. But he is not a Viking anymore.
Unless Floyd's "nerve injury" occurred due to negligence, then it won't be a malpractice case. Why would you wish a guy the best with suing his surgeon and the hospital when you aren't even privy to the details of the case? Further, why would you wish him the best in a lawsuit against his surgeon and the hospital when said lawsuit may not even exist? 

I know the answer, but it's still worth asking.

If Floyd sues the doctor for malpractice, it is a medical malpractice case. Whether he can prove negligence and prevail in his malpractice case is a separate issue. It would still be a medical malpractice case.
From what has been reported in the media, Floyd is suffering nerve damage that occurred as a result of surgery to repair a meniscus tear. Maybe the media reports are wrong. Maybe they simply accepted Floyd's version of the events or those of his agent or lawyer. I did not do an independent investigation into the accuracy of the reports.  I took them at face value.
As for a lawsuit, if no medical professionals have advised Floyd that his surgeon screwed up or, alternatively, if all agree that the nerve damage was the result of the knee injury, then there will likely be no lawsuit. And wishing him luck on a non-existent lawsuit should not really trouble anyone. It would be harmless.
But assuming the reports are right, or that other medical professionals give Floyd an opinion that his surgeon screwed up, I am about 99% confident that Floyd will sue the doctor.  If he does, I wish him luck.
Why would I wish him luck in such a case? You say you "know the answer but it's still worth asking." Well, you SHOULD know the answer. It is not a secret. I provided it right at the start of my post.  Here it is again: "I feel bad for Floyd. He was a young and talented player who will likely never play again."

Appreciate the medical insight.  It is likely the media really doesn't know much about the cause (hippa and all that) so it would be up to someone to share that.  And that person likely has a bias, so we don't know much about what the injury is.

My wife had a nerve injury from the spinal block, her one leg went numb and didn't come back normal.  Took lots of therapy and acupuncture to get most of the function back.  So while rare, the injuries do happen and really suck.  But I doubt he would have been back on the field shortly after if his case was similar to my wife's.

Can't see the instagram post, but sad to see him dragging it through the mud.  Seems there should be better ways to resolve this, but with that much money, likely not.
im kind of sad to see that he has to go to instagram to get the satisfaction he deserves,  of course we are only getting his version of the story so I am not going to condemn the team or doctors at this point,  but we do kinda live in a society where I am very skeptical of those with money screwing people over any chance they get.