Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins has had a way of proving doubters wrong...
New Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins has had a way of proving doubters wrongStubborn or just plain driven, Kirk Cousins doesn't like to take no for an answer“One of the other things I liked about him is that he was a guy that always had to prove himself,” Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said. “He bet on himself several times and won, and those things are really important to me. He’s always played with a chip on his shoulder.”
A betting man
Before Cousins signed a record-setting, guaranteed $84 million contract with the Vikings on Thursday morning, he received a text message from an old friend and mentor.
“Hey, enjoy the day,” the message read. “This is what you’ve been working for.”
Mike Ott would know. Cousins’ former Holland Christian baseball coach, and the current Kalamazoo College coach, recalled the time he approached Cousins about pursuing college baseball. Cousins, then a junior gap hitter practicing in the batting cages, made it a quick conversation.
“He looked at me and said, ‘Nope,’ ” Ott said. “ ‘I want to play Division I football, and that’s what I’m going to go after.’ He’s been pretty locked in to this goal the entire time I’ve known him. So it’s not really crazy it’s actually coming true.”
http://www.startribune.com/new-vikings-q...477188163/

Focused. Driven. High achiever. Strong work ethic. 

You can accomplish a lot with those attributes. 

I suspect there's a fair amount of fans wondering if the Vikings hurt themselves moving forward with this contract vs Keenum.

And wondering if Case is really that much less of a qb than Cousins (or not). 

We'll see how things shake-out after a season or 2. Would be nice to finally have the QB position settled and build everything from that point out. 

Thought we had that with #5, unfortunately for him and us it wASnt meant to be. We gotta go all the way back to 04 before that.

I think we've forgotten whats its like to consistently haVe a good qb on the roster. I know I have. 

hopefully they've remedied that.