Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling a little thin @ WR now...
Quote: @kmillard said:
Maybe, just maybe Brandon Zylstra will be another Theilen in the making.
Maybe but he ran a 4.64 and Thielen ran a 4.49.  His 3-cone was 7.19 and Thielen was 6.77.

He led the CFL in yards last year with 104 catches for 1,687 yards and 5 TDs.

Emmanuel Arceneaux had 100 catches for 1,137 yards and 6 TDs.  Just saying.

I wonder if the Vikings would take a look at Jordan Matthews on a one year prove it deal?

I like the idea of the hybrid TE/WR who can play multiple positions help create mismatches.  Slide him to the outside on some plays and let Thielen move inside were he puts up his best numbers.
Nightmares for D coordinaters

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
I wonder if the Vikings would take a look at Jordan Matthews on a one year prove it deal?
I wondered that as well. Our new OC knows Matthews, after all - but, maybe he was happy when the Eagles traded him away. I liked Matthews when he came out in the draft so I would like to see it.
Time to find the FA bargains, now. I suppose a lot of people would freak out at any mention of Eric Reid...

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@MarkSP18 said:
I wondered that as well. Our new OC knows Matthews, after all - but, maybe he was happy when the Eagles traded him away. I liked Matthews when he came out in the draft so I would like to see it.
Time to find the FA bargains, now. I suppose a lot of people would freak out at any mention of Eric Reid...

Eric Reid who is 26 and turns 27 on Dec 10th might be a sneaky good signing especially if it was for cheap. 

Then, next year, maybe they part ways with Sendejo who will turn 32 on Sept 9, 2019.

His anthem protests are likely the reason why he has not been signed and if he still wants to do them then he may not get signed.

It's a tough call and some folks are really upset about it.

At the end of the day though, he can play.

If people do not want him anywhere near the team does that mean they would not want the Vikings to draft his brother, Justin Reid?

I mean, why not put him in the same boat as his brother?  What if he supports his brother?  Will he blackballed too?

Anthem?  I don't care.  I just want good players for the Vikings.

I still remember Mahmoud Abdul Rauf (Chris Jackson) not standing.  It faded as will all of this.

And once it does maybe the Vikings would have a new safety?

I doubt it and would not bet any money on it.

Maclin and Decker are still out there, one might want to have a chance at winning, as well as Decker playing in his home state...

Vikes need a taller deep threat at WR and the draft might be the way to go.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Vikes need a taller deep threat at WR and the draft might be the way to go.
I was really hoping we'd take a look at Pryor for this...oh well...