Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyrann Mathieau ...
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Somebody is going to pay him something decent, but it won't be Minnesota....unfortunately. Bad timing. 
Don't we already have Harrison Smith?  Mathieu is a good player, but we already got a premium version of that swiss army knife
He can play nickel CB...  I think he'd be a great fit there and has the versatility to slide back to safety.

Unfortunately, I think some team offers him more than the Vikings.  

I'm not sure we are still in the market for such a high priced FA at this point.  My guess is we will sit back for a while, maybe re-sign some of our own guys, and otherwise wait until the money has mostly dried up.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Somebody is going to pay him something decent, but it won't be Minnesota....unfortunately. Bad timing. 
Don't we already have Harrison Smith?  Mathieu is a good player, but we already got a premium version of that swiss army knife
He can play nickel CB...  I think he'd be a great fit there and has the versatility to slide back to safety.

Thought he was more of that hybrid safety like Harrison.  Just smaller and not as good.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Thought he was more of that hybrid safety like Harrison.  Just smaller and not as good.

Wasn't he All Pro a couple of years ago?  Either way, this guy can play.

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Wasn't he All Pro a couple of years ago?  Either way, this guy can play.
Yes, but my point was that he plays basically where HS is.  So not really a position we need to spend more on.