Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: W*F United Flight Attendant (caution, sad)
The dog was put inside an overhead bin on a United flight. It didn't survive
(CNN)For more than three hours, a passenger's dog was inside an overhead bin on United Airlines flight 1284 from Houston to New York after a flight attendant told the passenger to put it there. 
Airline officials say it was a mistake. It turned out to be a deadly one.

When the plane landed at LaGuardia Airport Monday night, the dog was deceased.

In a statement, United called the dog's death a "tragic accident." Spokesman Charlie Hobart told CNN a flight attendant should not have told the passenger to put the dog in the bin used for carry-on bags.
"We assume full responsibility for this tragedy and express our deepest condolences to the family and are committed to supporting them," the airline said in reply Tuesday to CNN's request for comment about reports of the dog's death. "We are thoroughly investigating what occurred to prevent this from ever happening again."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/us/united...index.html

Effing A, I wish i never heard about that  - wft is wrong with people.  That really sucks.

Unreal.

I saw it earlier and passed on clicking it
( I also passed on the peacock & hamster service animal airport stories )
& then the TV news was on & I heard it

Why is it when I board a plane, there’s no less than 20 people staring me down & giving me the stink eye when I even start to put my luggage up top...

& I leave my dog in the car & within two minutes some crazy lady is ready to smash my windows
out, even if the temp is in the 50’s & windows are cracked
Yet...
No One on the entire plane thought this odd ?

I guess that human was not meant to have an animal

Not that I think anyone should put the dog up there but why would the dog die?  I don’t get it.

I actually googled that wondering... is it pressurized different? Is it hot? No air?

Results showed an image of an overhead unit, undivided and jam packed from end to end of the plane. I'd guess hundreds of pounds of everybodys stuff moving, sliding and otherwise banging around? 

Its been a while since i have been in a plane; at first reading this, I imagined the overhead unit being divided into individual spaces. First photo that came up showed people's roller/handle suitcases packed in tight, bag to bag. Filled up, they look like they'd weigh a ton with collective weight swaying while the plane is in motion.

The flight attendant should have NEVER put the dog up there, I don't get that. Its not even an option. They go under the seat. This is beyond stupid....and this is totally on the flight attendant.

While the Flight Attendant shouldn’t have told them to put the dog there, why did the owner agree to it?

People are dumb as fuck!

I would have asked to speak to someone else had that been told to me. 

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
While the Flight Attendant shouldn’t have told them to put the dog there, why did the owner agree to it?

People are dumb as fuck!

I would have asked to speak to someone else had that been told to me. 
My wife flies all the time.  She says these people did everything right.  They paid the extra money for the pet and if they were unable to fit it below the seat in front of them then there is an area to strap pet carriers down up front in the stewardess area.  She figures the stewardess was to lazy or didn't want to deal with a yappy dog. 

Couse I'm an evil bastard because I laughed.  WTF people why would you listen to a someone telling you to put your dog in the overhead compartment. 

As much as I hate United (they're just an awful airline with shitty policies), I don't think they have a "kill dogs by putting them in the overhead bin" policy. They can't possibly scrutinize every employee this carefully. If they fire this flight attendant and condemn her awful decision-making, they'll have done all they can.

Fuck the owners too. I know they're depressed, but you just don't comply with that twat and stuff your dog up there. You walk off the plane and file a complaint. You probably get some sort of free flight in the future and your dog is alive.