Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington Post: 'Cousins is foolish if he doesn't sign with Minnesota'
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Cousins will reportedly seek $90 million guaranteed over the next three years alone. A record bidding war is coming for a player who isn’t even a top-five quarterback.
Yep, it will be a big contract. I guess you have to look at it as he has upside to be realized yet.....much like Keenum did last year. If Keenum can elevate his game then Cousins should be able to also, and at a higher level than Case did. Dalvin Cook returns. Maybe they make incremental gains in the offensive line quality for 2018. I think this is how the Viking's brass is viewing it, thru that prism: Cousins is the safest bet to drive this Porsche well, although an expensive one. Minnesota is in a window and they feel they can set themselves up to capitalize right now best with a guy like Cousins. 

JMO on how the organization is looking at this. 
That's a fascinating perspective, and it fits with the argument that the surrounding cast and overall team are so good here and are what made Keenum able to elevate his play in 2017. If the move from the Rams to Vikings was so beneficial to Keenum, won't they similarly improve Cousins? Look at some examples:
Keenum 2016 Completion %: 60.9
Keenum 2017 Completion: 67.6 - 11% improvement
Apply 11% to Cousins (64.3% in 2017): 71.3%

Keenum 2016 YPG: 220
Keenum 2017 YPG: 236 - 7.4% improvement
Apply 7.4% to Cousins (255YPG in 2017): 275 yards per game = 4,400 yards

Keenum 2016 TDs: 9
Keenum 2017 TDs: 22 - 244% improvement
Apply 244% to Cousins (27 in 2017): 66 TDs

Keenum 2016 INTs: 11
Keenum 2017 INTs: 7 - 37% reduction
Apply -37% to Cousins (13 in 2017): 8 INTs

Keenum 2016 Wins: 4
Keenum 2017 Wins: 11 - 275% improvement
Apply 275% to Cousins (7 wins in 2017): 19 Victories in 2018!!

I think most everyone is in agreement that Keenum is a tier 2 qb.

The difference?  So far he doesnt think he is going to get 90 million dollars!

Quote: @"Poiple" said:
I think most everyone is in agreement that Keenum is a tier 2 qb.

The difference?  So far he doesnt think he is going to get 90 million dollars!
Really?  I wouldn't put Keenum in Tier 2.  Not even close.  I'd put him in the tier with Tyrod Taylor, Blake Bortles, Joe Flacco, and other average starters.  Depending on how you break it up, that would be the 3rd tier at best and potentially the 4th tier of QBs.

I am fine with you believing that.  Your reality is your own.

You can't just take the argument that Kirk improves at a same rate as case as they  would come from different teams---philosophies and situations.
Any comparison needs to adjust for multiple variables

To me Kirk is no-to-little better than Case and all be damned I'd rather roll with the guy who got one game away  and save some cash to spend on the horses that really will take ya to the promised land