Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little context on Zimmer's QB comments
Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
The new OC is going to have a lot of say in this as is RS...My hope is that the very transparent Zimmer (he is a bad liar in public) is being a great poker player. Frankly it seemed appropriate timing for Zimmer or RS to throw a little water on all the Cousins to Vikings fires. 

That said, I am becoming concerned we got an old school coach who wont ever get to the big game by being just fine with average to good on offense. North titles dont cut it for this fan. 

I will be watching to see how his D evolves this season as well. It's officially and publicly be been exposed and humiliated. 
PF, back in September, did you expect the Vikings to win the SB?  How about a couple weeks later after losing both Bradford and Cook, did you expect to see them even make the playoffs? 

Zim got his team to the NFCC game with very key pieces of the team missing, and it's not enough for a fan like you?  Come on...
Happy, winning North titles isn't enough for this fan. So the short answer to your question is "NO".

Lombardi time baby...I dont see us getting there without improvement on O and they aint got a starting QB yet as far as I can tell.

That's a problem - along with a defense that was exposed so badly it should have been arrested for indecent exposure their last 6 quarters of play.

Not to mention a coaching staff taken to the woodshed during a CG.  

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
So the performance the last 6 quarters of his Number #1 ranked Defense with a historically great 3rd Down success rate deserves a pass because he's clearly a much better coach than anyone Minnesota has had in a while? 

The talk yesterday about not improving that Offense too much at the expense of the Defense rankled a lot of us.

And we have every right to be concerned. 38-7. Yet another disastrous performance in a Championship Game. Rather than coming out and saying he now sees the need for balance instead of continuing to funnel 80% of the resources into the Defense he says the exact opposite.

How are we supposed to feel about that? His best Defense as a HC wasn't good enough. The Offense was pathetic. But let's not mess with the status quo? 

Sorry. You're both good folk but that was an incredibly tone deaf thing for Mike to say when he's still got a hurting fan base. And alarming since it makes him sound like the Eagles game was an aberration and not something he can learn from.
Insert clap emoji "here"

Post of the day! 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
So the performance the last 6 quarters of his Number #1 ranked Defense with a historically great 3rd Down success rate deserves a pass because he's clearly a much better coach than anyone Minnesota has had in a while? 

The talk yesterday about not improving that Offense too much at the expense of the Defense rankled a lot of us.

And we have every right to be concerned. 38-7. Yet another disastrous performance in a Championship Game. Rather than coming out and saying he now sees the need for balance instead of continuing to funnel 80% of the resources into the Defense he says the exact opposite.

How are we supposed to feel about that? His best Defense as a HC wasn't good enough. The Offense was pathetic. But let's not mess with the status quo? 

Sorry. You're both good folk but that was an incredibly tone deaf thing for Mike to say when he's still got a hurting fan base. And alarming since it makes him sound like the Eagles game was an aberration and not something he can learn from.
Insert clap emoji "here"

Post of the day! 
One thing I'd have to say about the whole last 6 quarters bit - yeah, it was brutal and Zim's fault to a large degree but, the mistakes against the Saints gave them momentum and it was Drew freakin' Brees, not Tyler Thigpen out there.

As for Philly, we actually started well, it was weird how it just collapsed.  But they didn't practice well and it took 2-3 days to come down from the high off of Digg's catch that won the prior game.   Historically there was a stat about teams in that situation all losing by an average of 24 points the next week.   The letdown follows the high like always in life.

But I do think you make some good points there regardless.   It was another embarrassing finish.   6 NFC championship losses in a row going back to 1977.   The only home game was the Atlanta debacle, speaking of which, imagine if they'd beaten Philly at the end of that game.  They had a real chance and blew it.   We'd have had another home NFCC title game vs. Atlanta with both teams coming off a high.   But, not meant to be for our accursed purple.