Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: SpaceX Falcon Heavy...
Amazing feat...

Seeing those boosters land upright was down-right mind-blowing.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/06/technolo..._expansion

Why am I the only one concerned that Starman will return as a super powerful AI and nearly destroy the Earth looking for 'The Creator'?

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Why am I the only one concerned that Starman will return as a super powerful AI and nearly destroy the Earth looking for 'The Creator'?
v-ger

Engineering and Physics, kids.....its amazing what can be accomplished. This would have blown the minds of rocket engineers 40 years ago. 

Trigger Warning - I don't generally believe The Government Science.

As A Senior-Level Engineer, I am skeptical about whether or not this feat was achieved; In Reality or In The Studio, using CGI.
I've followed the development and presentation of these 'flippy rockets' for a few years now.  Jeff Bezos of Amazon fame, has his own flippy rocket venture going on too, and they are more convincing, in design and appearance than SpaceX products (better descent-stabilization strategies), but also, IMHO, ultimately faked for Public consumption - just like everything I've ever examined from NASA, since The 60's.

Musk Smells.  Pass It On.

The Really Cool Tech is routinely kept hidden from The Public, and sequestered in Classified Programs such as Quantum Electrodynamics and Vortex Technology (Implosion, Cavitation, etc...).

Hilarious ^