Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the precipice of another season...
How bullish are you on our Vikings?

I think they're a 10 win, wild-card team. 

I'm really not sure. I have concerns about the offensive line. I like the defense, but OLB opposite Barr could be problematic. Win/loss predictions are so tough. Hoping for the best.

I will use my old stand bye of 11-5.  I am optimistic but not not overly so... even though the 11 wins may seem like it.  I think the Vikings have the opportunity to become something other than a team that can be stopped by a run blitz.  Hopefully our offense will look very different than it has.  It will all be decided in the trenches... can our line create holes and protect the QB?  Can our D line stop the run while getting pressure on the opposing QB?  A "no" to either of those and we might be a single digit win team.  A "no" to both and we're a top ten drafting team. 

Another small concern I have is a Team Teddy vs Team Sam locker room.... that will not be healthy for cohesive team and it could become a big distraction to getting to the home game in February.  But first Teddy has to be approved to play... so it's a waiting game.  

Well, I've said it a hundred times but I think every team in the NFL is one or two players and a little fortune (good or bad) away from 8 and 8. 

In terms of how their roster compares to other teams, this is a very good, young team with all the right pieces to win it all. A good coach, a very strong defense, and a capable QB. On paper I see an 11-5 team. Whether it happens or not will depend on injuries and 1 or 2 players on offense breaking out. Most likely candidates are Diggs and Cook.

But that's it. I've never believed you need an all pro line to win it all. Just one that doesn't hurt you. I've never believed you need an all pro QB to win it all. Just one that doesn't hurt you. Maybe I'm old school but I still believe that defense wins championships. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Well, I've said it a hundred times but I think every team in the NFL is one or two players and a little fortune (good or bad) away from 8 and 8. 

In terms of how their roster compares to other teams, this is a very good, young team with all the right pieces to win it all. A good coach, a very strong defense, and a capable QB. On paper I see an 11-5 team. Whether it happens or not will depend on injuries and 1 or 2 players on offense breaking out. Most likely candidates are Diggs and Cook.

But that's it. I've never believed you need an all pro line to win it all. Just one that doesn't hurt you. I've never believed you need an all pro QB to win it all. Just one that doesn't hurt you. Maybe I'm old school but I still believe that defense wins championships. 
overall, I would not disagree with that...

The exception I found is the exceptional NFL Franchise; The NE Patriots.

The Patriots haven't had under a 9 win since in 16 years. Heavy correlation with Brady playing huh? 

I cant even fathom that, let alone 5 (?) rings

A precipice is a steep, dangerous cliff. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

overall, I would not disagree with that...

The exception I found is the exceptional NFL Franchise; The NE Patriots.

The Patriots haven't had under a 9 win since in 16 years. Heavy correlation with Brady playing huh? 

I cant even fathom that, let alone 5 (?) rings

Crazy to think huh and if they can get by the Raiders in the playoffs they will have 6