Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have we as fans learned this yet?
Quote: @Kentis said:
I agree Bezerker, we got our asses kicked on the line on both sides of the ball. In fact the Eagles did the same to us the prior season. However, the Eagles have built(w/depth) probably the best 2 lines in the league. The Vikings need to follow their model, & keep building the trenches!

I agree with the depth. Our starting DL is great. But they had way to plays in a game. They were wearing down late in the season. Need more rotation.

Hell to the yeah we have learned. Have to win in the trenches even though other positions get the glory. Here's hoping the coaches have learned and will take the OL to the next level. 

Its not all that easy.
Big blobs make great road graders, good for opening holes in the run game.  But they tend to be slow and have a harder time with pass protection. They get beat around the edges by speed rushers etc..

Smaller guys tend to be quicker, pull well and are useful for screen passes etc...  The problem is they wear down as the season goes on.  I read an article about how this was part of the reason Denny frequently lost during the post season.  I dont know because it seemed he had some pretty big guys.

Everything is a compromise.