Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nick Foles or Case Keenum: Who's Better?
Well, I think going into Sunday's game, it was clearly obvious Case was considered to be the better QB between the two.  How about now?  Foles may have a stronger arm, and is easily as accurate when given time throw.  Case is probably more mobile, but Foles moves well and can throw on the run too.

If Case is worthy of that 20 mil per season contract, what the hell is Foles worth?  Hell, he'll probably be a SB winning QB, so won't his stock rise too?  Honestly, I don't think either of these guys are the kind of franchise QBs that will carry a team, but I don't think Case is really any better than Foles.

Foles looked like the stronger armed QB of the two, and he's clearly playing with all the confidence needed to win in big games.

Just like Terry Bradshaw said during his interview with Foles, if he wins the SB, he's still a backup next year. Talk about a weird off-season and training camp for the Eagles.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
Just like Terry Bradshaw said during his interview with Foles, if he wins the SB, he's still a backup next year. Talk about a weird off-season and training camp for the Eagles.
Maybe so, but Wentz is going to be looking over his shoulder really hard if Foles is sitting on the bench after a good SB win. Eagles might even trade Foles away just to avoid the controversy, especially if they had another strong backup and had a nice offer for Foles.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@Ralphie said:
Maybe so, but Wentz is going to be looking over his shoulder really hard if Foles is sitting on the bench after a good SB win. Eagles might even trade Foles away just to avoid the controversy, especially if they had another strong backup and had a nice offer for Foles.

Jor-el, I would agree.  I can't imagine that IF Foles beats Brady, he'd want to hold Carson's clipboard next year.  The money that could come his way would be unbelievable.
I mean Carson was having a MVP season when he got injured and the Philly offense was clicking.  But I think both Foles and Keenum are giving front offices pause to consider that it may not need to go after every "Tom, Dick or Manziel" come draft day.

@Ralphie said:
lol, there is no controversy. Wentz was on his way to a NFL MVP trophy before his injury. Man, fans have long-term memory issues: one good game and now Wentz is 'looking over his shoulder'. No way. Foles looked like lukewarm dog doo before the Viking's game.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Jor-El said:
@Ralphie said:
lol, there is no controversy. Wentz was on his way to a NFL MVP trophy before his injury. Man, fans have long-term memory issues: one good game and now Wentz is 'looking over his shoulder'. No way. Foles looked like lukewarm dog doo before the Viking's game.
Foles played well against Atlanta too.  He didn't start off that great, but led that offense to a big win.  The weather and field conditions were shit during that game, but Foles outplayed Ryan.

If Foles was the starter from game one, I believe he would've put up huge numbers as well.  Foles is not worse than Case, IMO. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Jor-El said:
@Ralphie said:

Yes, fans do, and that was my point - the fans in Philly would NEVER forget the QB that won a Super Bowl for them. Seriously, do you think we would? Wentz throws an interception in a division game, say they lose to the Cowboys and slip out of first place; do you really doubt there wouldn't be people bitching and saying Foles should take over? Or are you convinced everyone would politely approve Wentz keeping the starting job due to his 2nd-year stats and higher draft position??

@StickyBun said:
@Jor-El said:
@Ralphie said:

Yes, fans do, and that was my point - the fans in Philly would NEVER forget the QB that won a Super Bowl for them. Seriously, do you think we would? Wentz throws an interception in a division game, say they lose to the Cowboys and slip out of first place; do you really doubt there wouldn't be people bitching and saying Foles should take over? Or are you convinced everyone would politely approve Wentz keeping the starting job due to his 2nd-year stats and higher draft position??
We don't have a former 1st round, just turned 25 year old franchise QB that was on his way to the MVP trophy....that's not Keenum and its no apples for apples for comparison. But we'll just agree to disagree.