Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Minneapolis Miracle will pale in comparison to what's next
I decided today I'm officially all in. No more negativity, no more reservations about what's next, nothing. The Minneapolis Miracle was the greatest play in Vikings history possibly, but it'll pale in comparison to what's coming on Sunday and then on February 4th.

I promised myself I wouldn't do this but I'm tired of getting my heart broken, but last night I was out for drinks and - in a non-Vikings/non-sports bar - the song on the speakers was Let's Go Crazy by Prince. Which I did. I remember a few days ago a poster on this board posted this exact same thing about this while being in a grocery store, I think.

It just seems like the stars are aligning.

Yup, gotta be all in after 13/3 and winning the divisional round...

SKOL, lets hope for the best this Sunday. I gotta good feel about this one, even with the SB in our home stadium. 

Lets go I am all in too!  This is our year!

Man King, I told myself caution is the best way to go, but after missing the final play live I have to say it would have been so much more sweet to have been one of those people going nuts!

I’m in, let’s kick Philly’s ass, then whoever shows up in our house. Be it Brady or Bortles! 

This is it, this is the year!

Damn straight.  I’m with you KB—and Rip—I’m all in and lets KICK PHILLY’S ASS!

"Welcome to the Land of Broken Hearts, we haven't seen you in so long...I have a nice table by the window for you, sir. Can I get you something to drink to start? Our specials are 'Superbowl Tartare' or 'Filet of Ripped Out Soul', you'll be having one of those. "

After 09 I swore I wasn’t going to do it.  Not ever again.  But Rick and Zimmer have laid down a foundation thats impressive.  They got me back in and Im enjoying it.

This team reminds me of the 87 Twins. Win lose or draw, I know they will give it their all and I’m fine with that, even if it means 0-5.  

Ya, i said it.

Make me change my sig Vikings...

With ya KB. I'm nervous but it's a different kind of energy this year. I'm not as old as some of our members here to actually remember those giant, early disappointments (I was alive but consciousness is a process not a destination lol). But I *do* know exactly where I was every heart-breaking moment since the Nelson drop (my dad had to yell at me in his Kool-Ade Man voice to calm the hell down after that one ).

We in, or we out. If you study norse history, they never equivocated. They reckoned who won the battle wasn't the fastest/strongest/whateverest, it was the one who had the most singular goal and focus. I believe that about this team! This is a culture unlike anything I've seen since I've been aware of football. We got this!

(and yes my dad really did sound like the Kool-Ade man)

I decided I'd host tomorrow for both games since I have (literally) a fully functional bar in my apartment with multiple TVs. I was expecting my three male friends (all Eagles fans unfortunately) would come over but it's turned into this weird attraction where EVERYBODY suddenly cares about the Vikings after that Minneapolis Miracle. I think the guest list (unfortunately) is at 13 now. Too many people... I just wanna watch the damn game!

But this will be fun either way. I still have my Christmas tree up since I'm lazy and just got done spray painting it purple.