Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the championship teams were built
Great article from SI that breaks down how each of these teams were built. It's funny how the NFL works. Teddy Bridgewater goes down, the Vikings panic and send a 1st and a 4th to Philly for Sam Bradford. 16 months later those two teams are facing each other in the NFCC....and neither Teddy, Sam, the player picked by Philly with our pick (Derek Barnett), the player we picked first that year (Dalvin Cook), or the player that replaced Bradford (Wentz) are starting in this game. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/17/confer...guars-mmqb

Great article and a nice little section on Keenum...  he's the MVP on this team.  The one thing I really like about him is his ability to evade a pass rush, extend plays, and he isn't afraid to make a big play.

One thing that was lost in the Minneapolis Miracle...  He gave us a chance to win not once, but TWICE in the final two minutes.  And we wouldn't have needed the Minnesota Miracle if the defense makes a stop on 4th and 10.

Big balls INDEED.

BOOM

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Great article and a nice little section on Keenum...  he's the MVP on this team.  The one thing I really like about him is his ability to evade a pass rush, extend plays, and he isn't afraid to make a big play.

One thing that was lost in the Minneapolis Miracle...  He gave us a chance to win not once, but TWICE in the final two minutes.  And we wouldn't have needed the Minnesota Miracle if the defense makes a stop on 4th and 10.

Big balls INDEED.

BOOM

That 4th and 10 was brutal. Our defense stops that all year and we let a little out route from the slot convert. I was so pissed off.

Another interesting note...  of the 4 teams left, the Vikings have the most "home grown" talent.  I would have thought that would be the Patriots...

Just goes to show that the Vikings have done a good job identifying guys in the middle and late rounds the past 4-5 years to round out their roster.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Another interesting note...  of the 4 teams left, the Vikings have the most "home grown" talent.  I would have thought that would be the Patriots...

Just goes to show that the Vikings have done a good job identifying guys in the middle and late rounds the past 4-5 years to round out their roster.
Yeah Ricky done good. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@Wetlander said:

Yeah Ricky done good. 

I think Ricky found the perfect coach and listened to Zimmy lol