Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer says Vikings will ‘take our time’ with Sam Bradford’s recovery
Quote: @FSUVike said:
@PapaScott said:
@FSUVike said:
Sam been practicing as much as s Teddy lately? 

'Cuz if not we already saw what a rusty Bradford looked like against the Bears and it wasn't pretty.  
Bradford rusty?   ahh he couldn't move to protect himself, I wouldn't call that rusty  I would call that lame
His timing on damn near every throw was off.  You can only put part of the blame on the knee,.IMO.

Sam is a rhythm thrower. And look how out of synch he was after only missing a few weeks of practice. Now that he's missed this much time I have serious concerns about how he'd look getting thrust into duty.
I would have to go back and watch, but if he's knee was so bad that he could not move he's not going to be able to throw as ball very well.  You can't tell me that Zimmer and the rest of the coaches would put him in there if he was "rusty"   would that not show up in practice?

@PapaScott said:
@FSUVike said:

'Cuz if not we already saw what a rusty Bradford looked like against the Bears and it wasn't pretty.  
Bradford rusty?   ahh he couldn't move to protect himself, I wouldn't call that rusty  I would call that lame
His timing on damn near every throw was off.  You can only put part of the blame on the knee,.IMO.

Sam is a rhythm thrower. And look how out of synch he was after only missing a few weeks of practice. Now that he's missed this much time I have serious concerns about how he'd look getting thrust into duty.
How do you explain Bradford missing all of Vikings training camp the previous year and immediately firing on all cylinders then?  

@PapaScott said:
@FSUVike said:

Not sure how you can say it wasn't the knee. Don't get that thought process. 

Sigh. Go back and watch the game. I'm not talking about mechanics being off from not trusting the knee.

I'm talking about not throwing on time. Throwing an out when Diggs cuts in. Throwing an in when Thielen cuts out.

There's intricacies to throwing the ball to a lot of the intermediate to longer routes. Sure, Sam looked good two years ago with no TC...because he was throwing checkdowns left and right due to no time to throw.

I hope like heck the team doesn't need him even though his arm talent is undeniable. Just feel that some guys are 'See Receiver, throw ball' ala Keenum, Favre, Ben, etc., and others rely more on timing and chemistry that can get thrown off without consistent practice.

I think it’s a very big leap of faith to pretend like we
have any idea what the Vikings would do if it came down to taking Case
out.  The Vikings have been very tight
lipped about it, and we’ve barely seen either Bridgewater or Bradford moving
around at all.

Obviously, they can see them both in practice, moving and
throwing.  My hope is that Bradford’s
surgery was more just cleaning junk out of there, so it was probably minimal
recovery time, but Bridgewater has been practicing full time for a couple
months now.  I think he would have the
edge in sharpness and trust factor.

If I were the coaches, I’d have Bradford active for the