Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shameless Parent Bragging Thread
The oldest just got accepted to Seton Hall...Masters of Science in Jurisprudence... Specifically the program involves pharmaceutical and medical device law...I'll have a shit eating grin the rest of the week!

Congrats that's awesome. Love the proud parent moments.

That's awesome!!!  You should be damn proud, Barr.

As far as my kids...  

I coached my oldest son's youth baseball team this spring again and his team went undefeated during the regular season (14-0 or 15-0?).  They proceeded to win all 4 games to win the Championship in the city tournament.  I was really proud of not only him (one of the best players on the team), but all the kids on that team.  Everyone improved from the beginning of the season to the end and they all had great attitudes.

The youngest will be turning 5 this fall and he is already reading at a 1st grade level.  Smart little guy.

That's awesome Barr...Congrats.

no doubt your son/daughter will love their Masters program. I loved mine, which made the work seem easier in many ways than the bachelors. Who knows...it may even open up discussions for a PhD.  My only regret in life was not taking an offer for a PhD program offered to me by one of my Professors.  Would have had to move to Illinois, and I was just ready to start my career teaching, ready to get married and do the domestic thing.

coulda, woulda, shoulda

anyway CONGRATS all around...celebrate until you're purple.

Wetlander....That's awesome.  Congrats on a great season!
I know that proud feeling. My sons football team won their Super Bowl this past year, beating the two teams that beat them in the regular season (one team was undefeated for two years)
Was so jazzed you'd think I had won the game.

Very cool, man. Love these stories. Its really hard not to brag.  =)

My son (Dylan) is coming up on one year working in software development at his first job out of college at a thriving startup tech company in Denver. He got a 20% raise in salary about 3 months ago and just yesterday, believe it or not, the COO took him in his office and gifted him 1500 shares of company stock and said that he'll be eligible for yearly stock grants now. They are serious about keeping talent, which is smart because Dylan gets multiple requests every week by recruiters and companies for new opportunities. Good stuff.

That's good for your son. I hope he gets a great education and is very successful. I couldn't tell you how being a parent feels, but I bet this moment is a pretty nice one for any parent.