Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gotta love the NFL, 2 upsets already....
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Underdogs rule. Will that continue today? I wouldn't count the Panthers out. Goff looked like warm dog poop. I'll be a Bills fan for a day, as some friends are originally from Buffalo and we're off to an outdoor sports bar to root them on later. High of 70 today and sunshine!!

Here's the local bar we walk to....if you like McVay's wife thread, you'd like this place!    http://www.hijinkssportsgrill.com

Actually, even though the eye candy is top shelf, the service and food is excellent (cool menu) and the owner is the nicest dude in the world. The place has TVs everywhere, inside and out. I'm big on supporting local businesses.
I think I’d be up for some HiJinks!  B)

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
After KC lost a big lead, and the Rams never showed up, I'm less focused on who we play and more so on just showing up at home and playing like we know we can for 60 minutes.

We can play with and beat anybody, but these remaining teams look multidimensional and probably can capitalize on mistakes.  I hope the home losses in the 1st round is a splash of cold water, and we come out hot regardless of who we play.

Atlanta has Trufant back. Carolina was a tough matchup the first time. New Orleans offense on turf with a veteran QB and Kamara could be annoying. 

Personally, I think if that Falcons defense keeps playing at a fast paced high level, the Eagles are toast next week. With their QB issues and offensive issues, they are going to need to keep up with their defense against a great QB in Ryan. Best case they keep it close and stay in chances range, worst case they get punched in the mouth while Atlanta rack up the time of possession...

Zimmer always has his team ready to go. In the playoffs, its a minimum requirement to stay competitive. 
Could not agree more! The team that poses the biggest threat to Minnesota in the NFC is Minnesota. Play clean, smart football and execute and they will beat anyone in their way to the Super Bowl.

Quote: @NodakViking said:
@Max said:
@NodakViking said:
I think the Chief offense is efficient but they need to find a true WR.  Hill is a great complimentary WR but they need more prototypical guy to emerge/sign
Pet peeve/grammar Nazi time: I really hate when people use the term “prototypical” in football. Prototypical means the first of which all others are based upon. There can really only be one prototype.

It’s one of those terms that an announcer latched onto that really makes zero sense. 
That is one variation of it.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prototypical

prototypical

adjective

Definition of prototypical for English Language Learners

• : having the typical qualities of a particular group or kind of person or thing : very typical

That is another so don't let it get to you too bad, it's just wasted energy.
It doesn’t really take any energy. The definition you cited is a later one caused by constant misuse (I can’t blame this solely on sportscasters, but I will try). :-)

The word’s roots show the original meaning: “proto” means new or original. 

A similar thing has happened with the word “momentarily”. It used to mean “for a moment”. However, because it was misued so frequently (in this case, I blame flight attendants), it took on a second definition (“in a moment, or shortly”).