Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shurmur HC Bears in 18?
Little Birdie throwing stuff against the wall...

On Sunday, Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur
 will be calling plays for quarterback Case Keenum against the Chicago Bears.Next season, the quarterback Shurmur is coaching could be the guy playing Sunday against the Vikings, Mitchell Trubisky.
On Monday, there should a half-dozen NFL head coaching vacancies, including that of the Bears. Shurmur, who was head coach of the Cleveland Browns for two seasons, seems sure to get another head coaching job.
The Bears, in the Vikings’ division, coupled with Shurmur’s expertise in developing and directing quarterbacks, seem a reasonable destination for Shurmur.
Trubisky, 23, completing his rookie season, has a favorable upside in Chicago, which has finished last in the NFC North for four consecutive seasons. Trubisky’s development is central to the Bears’ future and is the team’s focus.
https://www.twincities.com/2017/12/30/ch...xt-season/

four  years  in the  cellar  dam  poor bear  fans

Little birdie should go find his own stories.  This was brought up on here over a week ago and I got the notion from some guy on the nfl network talking about the fit.

As usual Charles continues to disappoint. 

I don't think, quite honestly, that Charley is plugged in anywhere. His day has passed. And this is conjecture, its not inside info.

I'm sorry, but I still have a hard time believing Shurmur gets a HC position next season...  I mean, he went from a TEs coach last year to the interim OC when Norv resigned...  had some moderate success last season and has the offense performing to a top 10 finish.

I mean, if he was doing what McVay has done with the Rams as an OC...  then maybe.  But this team isn't really blowing the doors off teams.  The best you can say is that we're a good balanced offense, but this team is winning games because the defense has been so damn dominant.

We're basically like Seattle during their Super Bowl seasons...  and I don't remember anyone banging down Bevell's door for a HC gig.  Teams raided their defensive staff.

Just sayin'....

wet—ok that makes me feel better.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I'm sorry, but I still have a hard time believing Shurmur gets a HC position next season...  I mean, he went from a TEs coach last year to the interim OC when Norv resigned...  had some moderate success last season and has the offense performing to a top 10 finish.

I mean, if he was doing what McVay has done with the Rams as an OC...  then maybe.  But this team isn't really blowing the doors off teams.  The best you can say is that we're a good balanced offense, but this team is winning games because the defense has been so damn dominant.

We're basically like Seattle during their Super Bowl seasons...  and I don't remember anyone banging down Bevell's door for a HC gig.  Teams raided their defensive staff.

Just sayin'....
Bevell got quite a few interviews. He just could not finish the job. With fine many have realised how putrid Seattle's offense is (besides R. Wilson)