Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 In Points Allowed, Yards Allowed, 3rd Down %
Imagine if Zim had two good eyes...

#1 in TD passes allowed..

Offense sells tickets, but Defense wins Cham....    I still can't get myself to say it, yet.  B)

Merry Christmas, Barr.  You're posts are awesome, man!

Saturday night saw a first at Lambeau Field.
Minnesota Vikings defensive end Brian Robison during a timeout, standing inside the Packers’ 10 with about six minutes to play, leading ecstatic Vikings fans at the north end of the stadium in their rhythmic “skol” chant and overhead claps, with more than enough purple in Lambeau’s bowl to make it worthwhile.
How appalling it must have been for everyone in the Packers’ football operations to witness that scene, and later, as the final couple minutes ticked off the clock, nothing but purple lining the seats behind the Vikings’ bench as they wrapped up a 16-0 victory on the Packers’ turf.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Imagine if Zim had two good eyes...
[Image: u8ljyki3wmma.gif]But he did have a pair of Packer peepers !

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Minnesota Vikings defensive end Brian Robison during a timeout, standing inside the Packers’ 10 with about six minutes to play, leading ecstatic Vikings fans at the north end of the stadium in their rhythmic “skol” chant and overhead claps, with more than enough purple in Lambeau’s bowl to make it worthwhile.
How appalling it must have been for everyone in the Packers’ football operations to witness that scene, and later, as the final couple minutes ticked off the clock, nothing but purple lining the seats behind the Vikings’ bench as they wrapped up a 16-0 victory on the Packers’ turf.
I dont think the Vikings could have imagined how quickly the Skol chant has been adopted by Viking nation.

Time now for the rest of North America to experience it. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"minny65" said:
I dont think the Vikings could have imagined how quickly the Skol chant has been adopted by Viking nation.

Yep, the fans grabbed onto it much quicker than I thought. They love doing it now, you can see it. Its a unique deal for Viking's fans, I think that's part of it. TV networks have grabbed onto it, also, when hyping Viking's games.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"minny65" said:

Yea and I didn't think our fan base traveled as well as I have seen this year.  I know GB is a long car ride but still there were camera scans of the seats and I saw a ton of purple...maybe 35-40% it looked like!  Really good showing and the chant at the end was icing on an icey night and an early Christmas present.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"minny65" said:

Yea and I didn't think our fan base traveled as well as I have seen this year.  I know GB is a long car ride but still there were camera scans of the seats and I saw a ton of purple...maybe 35-40% it looked like!  Really good showing and the chant at the end was icing on an icey night and an early Christmas present.  
Hats off to all the traveling Viking fans and all the fans here who came to the Bank the last few seasons...Back in the late 90's early 2000's I hit some road games including 3 of em at Lamblow. Always had a great time.

Chilly and his crew never grabbed me by the lapels like Denny's teams did. Hated that hire. Frazier years were woeful. Zimm is building a really nice team and culture. 

Held 4 top 10 scoring offenses well under their average ppg...