Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting way out over my skis
I know it's a ridiculous thought at this point, but I'm already worried that if we were, hope upon hope, to win a super bowl this year, we aren't built for the decade long dominance like GB has has in the past. Until this organization is settled at QB, and can establish an identity on offense.... cough... cough....keep Shurmur, for at least another season or 2, I get the feeling we could easily slide right back to early exit playoff status.

At this point in my life, I'm a greedy jerk. I want it all, and I want to keep it rolling for a while. Brady is about done. The big dope in Pitt is about done. The Puke is about done. With our facilities, head coach, defense, and GASP!, O-line and skill players...It's our time to shine. Pay Shurmur whatever it takes. Keep Case and open the competition next year. Keep the band together Rick. 

Its hard not to dream a little, it really is....despite always being let down as a fan. 

I mean, ALWAYS. Sigh. Go Vikes.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
I know it's a ridiculous thought at this point, but I'm already worried that if we were, hope upon hope, to win a super bowl this year, we aren't built for the decade long dominance like GB has has in the past. Until this organization is settled at QB, and can establish an identity on offense.... cough... cough....keep Shurmur, for at least another season or 2, I get the feeling we could easily slide right back to early exit playoff status.

At this point in my life, I'm a greedy jerk. I want it all, and I want to keep it rolling for a while. Brady is about done. The big dope in Pitt is about done. The Puke is about done. With our facilities, head coach, defense, and GASP!, O-line and skill players...It's our time to shine. Pay Shurmur whatever it takes. Keep Case and open the competition next year. Keep the band together Rick. 
The QB is unsettled, but unlike most teams, the Vikings actually have 4 pretty impressive options there. We have to make the right decision about that, but I like our chances.

Because the best part about this team, and the reason it could be ready for long-term success, is its front office. From the Wilfs to Spielman, the cap guy, the scouting staff and the coaching staff, this team has a very solid foundation. And, especially in terms of scouting, they seem to be getting better at what they do. 

lol. there were threads asking if zimmer was going to keep his job if we went 8-8. many were questioning if he was a great defensive mind but not head coach material. 

guess winning solves everything

You sir, are about to do a face plant in the snow, you are so far out over your skis.  :-)  You remind me of my wife...worrying about things that will sort themselves out in due time.  I'm worried about...tonight in Green Bay.

Stand at the mountaintop and pause for a minute. Take in the view of the glistening white snow and feel the heat of the sun and the clean, crisp air. Feel the exhilaration as you go down the slope. Be here now.

I know it has been a roller coaster as a Vikings fan. There has been bliss and there has been devastation. Take in the moment. We are in a new era. I understand the greed. Coach Zimmer said he is greedy and wants more than one home game. Enjoy it. There is more to come.

Anyone who skis knows you have to get out over your skis(there's a saying"if you sit back you'll never catch up to your skis")---sitting back tentatively will land ya on your butt every time.  So dream and push it to the limit.

Plus we've got young hunger Wr's and rB's by committee that are multifaceted players---it's a new world baby.

I'll just add on top of the pat answers already posted;

Coaching, system, GM, qb...

Keep those primed and together for a while and you stand a good chance of not wiping-out when you get too ahead of the skis...Add your LT and RDE on top of it and you're really doing well.