Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man, what's happened in Oakland?
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Something is going on. There's been this rumor for most of the year that the offensive line isn't playing well on purpose. Sounds stupid, but it kind of goes to Gannon's point about something 'festering'. 
My thoughts as well.  Not sure what is going on, but it sure looks like team disunity is a big part of their failure.

Quote: @medaille said:
My gut feeling is that there is a lot of tension between
their very pro BLM OLine and their very religious, very pro America QB.  I didn’t watch this game, but they don’t feel
like a cohesive team.
You have a link, or just pulling it out your gut?

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@medaille said:
their very pro BLM OLine and their very religious, very pro America QB.  I didn’t watch this game, but they don’t feel
like a cohesive team.
I don't have too much time to look for links,  This was the top ones on google and it's good enough to get the gist of the matter, but basically after the national anthem protests, Carr was getting pressured and hit a lot more than normal.  On youtube there was videos of the blocking up front on the hits he took, and it looked liked there supposedly excellent OLine was just letting the defenders through on multiple occasions.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/11/07/raiders-dispute-nfl-wifes-claim-that-anthem-protest-clash-led-to-derek-carrs-injury/?utm_term=.9eacc029a4ab

Quote: @medaille said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@medaille said:
like a cohesive team.
I don't have too much time to look for links,  This was the top ones on google and it's good enough to get the gist of the matter, but basically after the national anthem protests, Carr was getting pressured and hit a lot more than normal.  On youtube there was videos of the blocking up front on the hits he took, and it looked liked there supposedly excellent OLine was just letting the defenders through on multiple occasions.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/11/07/raiders-dispute-nfl-wifes-claim-that-anthem-protest-clash-led-to-derek-carrs-injury/?utm_term=.9eacc029a4ab

Miko Grimes is bat shit crazy.

Read a comment from Rotoworld...QB's on the Decline Heading into 2018:

Derek Carr, OAK – Different season, same old Derek Carr. His YPA for ’17 is headed towards a 7.0 finish, just like his previous two seasons, and that will land him out of the upper half of the league’s QBs in that key stat for the fourth time in four seasons in the NFL. His 245 yards per game currently ranks 15th in the league, and he’s never finished higher than 14th in that category in his NFL career. Taken as a back-end QB1 in many ’17 fantasy drafts, he’s likely headed for luxury backup status heading into next year.