Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
By now, you'd have to pry job away from Vikings' Case Keenum
i think there is a major opportunity here to sign 2 Starter quality QB’s and still pay much less than Green Bay or Detroit do at the position.  how many teams have the luxury of
that potential?  the circumstances make it a great possibility at footballs most important position

Quote: @NodakViking said:
@holmanjp said:
@El_Padre said:
I'm going to start this out by saying that I'm going to ride the fence hard on this.  I love Teddy, but at the same time Case has done an awesome job this season.  The big question in my mind, is how much has AT and the other receivers made Case's game look better?  There are a lot of catches that probably would have been drops, or even int's, if it wasn't for AT or even Rudy bailing Case out.  There are also a few occasions where a better placed ball would have resulted in a much bigger gain or even a touchdown.  The biggest example of this is AT's "fake inside then run to sideline" route that he is money for.  If Adam doesn't need to stretch out for those he could turn it up field.

The other question is how does Teddy look in a non-run focused offense?  Take the AP handcuffs off and how much better (or worse?) does he look.  We know Teddy could ball, and honestly I think he still can.  Letting Teddy go will be a big mistake for us I think.  I really wish we would have signed Case to a multi year backup deal.  We are in a pretty bad spot right now after this season ends.
Would Ted even throw it to those guys? (in the exact same situation)

75%-85% of the time, I think he checks it down. Or gets sacked waiting for a wide open WR. (He would never attempt the same throws)
 Did anybody see Speilman on the sideline just after the game ended yesterday-he almost looked frustrated/disappointed rather than elated.

Could it be that he was frustrated/disappointed with how the officials (NFL) tried to influence the outcome of the game.  I'm sure this isn't the last we'll witness this type of shenanigan, regular season or playoffs. 

Optimistically, yes it would be great to think they could have both come back next year at a number they could afford but they both have to think likewise as do their agents and families.  On top of that there are other FA's that have to get signed and extended.  Of course you don't just 'blow it' up right now just to experiment.  Case is playing good, but you also can't turn a blind eye to the long term situation or the fact that Teddy might be tearing it up in practice.  It's great to be winning and Case is doing nothing to open a door for Teddy but I'm not sure it should be assumed that just getting Teddy reps at the first opportunity is suddenly going to throw the team into turmoil-unless you think he will play better than Case when given a chance.

Optimistically, yes it would be great to think they could have both come back next year at a number they could afford but they both have to think likewise as do their agents and families.  On top of that there are other FA's that have to get signed and extended.  Of course you don't just 'blow it' up right now just to experiment.  Case is playing good, but you also can't turn a blind eye to the long term situation or the fact that Teddy might be tearing it up in practice.  It's great to be winning and Case is doing nothing to open a door for Teddy but I'm not sure it should be assumed that just getting Teddy reps at the first opportunity is suddenly going to throw the team into turmoil-unless you think he will play better than Case when given a chance.
Next year and the future sure.  Did you know that Case just broke the Vikings record with consecutive snaps without a sack.  The record held before that was Culpepper.  Impressive? 

Quote: @DeepFreeze05 said:
@NodakViking said:
Next year and the future sure.  What about what's going on now? Do the Vikings have a chance at the title?  By the way, Case just broke the Vikings record with consecutive snaps without a sack.  The record hold before that was Culpepper.
Has anybody here said just bench Case now?  The debate is when do you try to get a look at Teddy?  Are they comfortable just punting until the offseason and keeping whoever they can agree to terms with or who the fan base wants?  If they get a good lead-almost did in Wash and Det then it nearly slipped away late in each game.  Do they do it once the playoff fate is sealed in the last week or so?  My take is they aren't sold that what Case is doing is sustainable based on some of the comments-not sure that is correct or true but they see the coaches film every week and know far more than we or the media do about how much of a horse shoe Case has hanging around his neck, they also know what they see in practice and what their long term plan is or was until recently.

All I'm saying is if they take an opportunity in the next 5 weeks to take a look at Teddy it shouldn't surprise anybody, be controversial, or cause a fanbase/media melt down.  It would be prudent to do if/when the opportunity presents itself.

@DeepFreeze05 said:
@NodakViking said:
Next year and the future sure.  What about what's going on now? Do the Vikings have a chance at the title?  By the way, Case just broke the Vikings record with consecutive snaps without a sack.  The record hold before that was Culpepper.
Has anybody here said just bench Case now?  The debate is when do you try to get a look at Teddy?  Are they comfortable just punting until the offseason and keeping whoever they can agree to terms with or who the fan base wants?  If they get a good lead-almost did in Wash and Det then it nearly slipped away late in each game.  Do they do it once the playoff fate is sealed in the last week or so?  My take is they aren't sold that what Case is doing is sustainable based on some of the comments-not sure that is correct or true but they see the coaches film every week and know far more than we or the media do about how much of a horse shoe Case has hanging around his neck, they also know what they see in practice and what their long term plan is or was until recently.

All I'm saying is if they take an opportunity in the next 5 weeks to take a look at Teddy it shouldn't surprise anybody, be controversial, or cause a fanbase/media melt down.  It would be prudent to do if/when the opportunity presents itself.

@DeepFreeze05 said:
@NodakViking said:

Teddy will get in.  Priority right now is to make the playoffs and secure home field advantage.

Quote: @DeepFreeze05 said:
@NodakViking said:
@DeepFreeze05 said:
@NodakViking said:

@DeepFreeze05 said:
@NodakViking said:

Teddy will get in.  Priority right now is to make the playoffs and secure home field advantage.
agreed, but some are acting like him getting in will undo everything

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
If I'm Zimmer I'm saying to myself we're on a hell of a streak and we have to let this continue to play out on the field. There would be mutiny in the locker room if they pulled Case right now imo.

Enjoy the ride. They're not going 14/2, there will be bumps and Case has earned a longer leash than he had a month ago. I don't know what's going to happen to Bridgewater. He may not see the field this year if Case continues to play great. 

A deep playoff run and having Teddy/Case battle it out in TC isn't something I'd be opposed to. Not sure if thats possible though...
why not?