Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VikeFans Interview with Stefon Diggs after Win over Lions

I love Stefon's attitude. 

Did that interview start with one microphone and end with three? Smile

Diggs is really comfortable in front of the camera...  I love that he said my coach doesn't tolerate excuses about a short week.  Lol, classic Zimmer.

Big win today, thanks for bringing us some post-game interviews!  Love it.

BOOM

Great interview. His snaps always make him seem like he's immature but this interview is totally different.

Quote: @twgerber said:
Great interview. His snaps always make him seem like he's immature but this interview is totally different.
It is my belief, that sometime in his rookie season, he got mistreated by some in the press.  As a rookie, he had this bright smile and willing to do an interview with anyone.  He is now much more select.  But, as you get to know him, he is a very kind guy, he just doesn't always want you to talk to him if you just want to talk football.  He's close to his Mom (Stefanie - for who he is named after), and he likes to just talk about every day life things.

Quote: @Nichelle said:
I love Stefon's attitude. 

Did that interview start with one microphone and end with three? Smile
Nichelle - that's just kind of the way it is when one of the stars is talking.   We try not to get into "pooled" interviews, where a media member might get one question to a interviewed player, and everyone gets the same interview.

No one had gotten Stefon to talk, but we asked him early ("once you are done showering and are dressed, would you spend just a minute or two with us?) and he said, "sure, just give me a few minutes".   About 10 minutes later, he quietly signaled us over, and tried to be discrete so he was only talking to us one on one.  About 7 other joined halfway through when they saw us, and most did not ask questions, they just got his sound bytes.  I always see them, and my job is to keep questions coming, or they burst in (not their fault, it is their job)

Stefon is a very good guy and loved by his teammates.  We feel fortunate that he allows us time with him, because he is fun, funny, and very articulate.

I like Stefon's hat... he is probably one of the few who could pull that off.  I know I couldn't!

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
@twgerber said:
It is my belief, that sometime in his rookie season, he got mistreated by some in the press.  As a rookie, he had this bright smile and willing to do an interview with anyone.  He is now much more select.  But, as you get to know him, he is a very kind guy, he just doesn't always want you to talk to him if you just want to talk football.  He's close to his Mom (Stefanie - for who he is named after), and he likes to just talk about every day life things.
That's cool.   It would be neat as a fan to get to really know a player but I know they have to be careful on that front.  

i alway have to wonder where Toms interviews are going to end up... this one was no exception when he immediately started with the big bulge question. :o

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
i alway have to wonder where Toms interviews are going to end up... this one was no exception when he immediately started with the big bulge question. :o
Man's gotta ask what a mans gotta ask!