Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up And Comer Datone Jones
http://www.endzonescore.com/minnesota-vi...ones/65227

Lead GB in pressures... We might be better at 3T than we think...

Another whopper of a storyline heading into Mankato's swan-song...

Absolutely... Watch this cat make us forget Floyd...

I read about Jones a lot before the '13 draft and really liked him - he's a football nerd who loves to study the game, so the stories about him clicking with Patterson and Zimmer make so much sense. IMO he is the key to the defense stepping to a higher level. We have plenty of pressure from the ends but opposing QBs haven't had to deal with consistent inside pressure. If that changes, every part of the defense will thrive.

I have to say I really love Andre Patterson. I don't know how we got lucky enough to get him back for another tour, but he's a heck of a coach and the players love him.

Packer fans might snicker at this thread, but I hope DJ is our Gilbert Brown in reverse...

I don't think they'll keep him exclusively at pass rushing tackle, expect him to move around and get outside at DE also. 

I think the combo of Jones and the Johnson bro's (Tom/Jaleel) is going to more than fill the Floyd-void production wise. We got nothing out of Stephen at that position last year and I don't think that happens again. We have some really nice rotational players on the inside of the defensive line.