Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Killed JFK? His Orthopedist.
OK, sensational subject line, and the idea that Kennedy's back brace made it more difficult for him to bend forward (and avoid the final bullet) is a stretch, but the depiction here of just how bad his back pain was is a revelation to me....I knew he had back pain, but holy sciatica, I never realized it was that bad. I'll never bitch about my aching back again. 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/22/health/jfk...index.html

JFK's assassination aided by his bad back, records showEvery November, America remembers the end of Camelot: a shining time of promise led by John F. Kennedy, our nation's youngest president, brought to an abrupt and bloody end by Lee Harvey Oswald's second shot, a bullet to the brain.
While conspiracy theorists debate who pulled that trigger, there's another culprit that often goes unmentioned: Kennedy's lifelong struggle with back pain.It was his habit of wearing a tightly laced back brace that may have kept him from recoiling to the floor of his car after the assassin's first bullet to the neck, setting him up for the kill shot...

I remember reading about his back pain, but I had not connected dots like that..

I still remember that day as a 4 year old and watching Walter Cronkite on the news special report. Saddens me to this day.

Quote: @"Purplemachine" said:
I still remember that day as a 4 year old and watching Walter Cronkite on the news special report. Saddens me to this day.
That was a remarkable moment. It was 6 months before I was born, but I've seen the clips. To see a veteran journalist wipe away tears on live TV had to be shocking to America. This is an absolutely fascinating interview with Walter Cronkite about that moment...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8dbZzviQ3A

Quote: @"Purplemachine" said:
It's one of those moments I can still visualize, 2nd grade reading class at Presentation BVM.  Hearing the announcement on the speaker and seeing the Nun break out crying. I could walk right to the spot my desk was at.