Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What percent chance do the Vikings have of winning out and going 14-2
I'm a bit afraid of things swinging into a losing streak if this winning streak ends - sorry, years of such disappointments with this team - but at the same time, I think they need a loss before the playoffs, to give them a sort of reality check. You want them to be riding a 12-game streak into the playoffs? Maybe I'm crazy but teams on long streaks sometimes get a kind of expectation that it has to end.

We probably shouldn't even talk about winning out for 3 weeks. The next 3 road games are all winnable individually, but winning all 3 would be amazing. If they come home 11-2, this will be a team of destiny.

Quote: @Hidalgo said:
The ONLY team that can beat these Minnesota Vikings is the Minnesota Vikings
This

I'd say about 16%.    Write each game down as a fractional estimate of the Viking's chances or put them in a spreadsheet which makes it easier.   For example, you can do it by estimating a chance from 1-10.   So for the season ender vs the Bears, I think the team has a 10/10 chance to win.  For tomorrow, I think they have about a 6/10 chance.   

Do this for each game, then multiply all the top halfs of the fractions and divide by 1 million (10^6).   That will give you a decimal which x100 is a  %.   The more optimistic your estimate, the higher the chance.    I made it 6,6,6,9,8,10 for the remaining games.   Better than 50/50 in every contest but it's hard to keep winning every game.   Even if you estimate them at 90% to win each contest, the cumulative expectation is still only 53% to win out.

But, with each win that extends the current streak, the % will go up.   Just sticking with my guestimate above, a win at Detroit ups the odds to about 26%, assuming my guesses are accurate.

Quote: @comet52 said:
I'd say about 16%.    Write each game down as a fractional estimate of the Viking's chances or put them in a spreadsheet which makes it easier.   For example, you can do it by estimating a chance from 1-10.   So for the season ender vs the Bears, I think the team has a 10/10 chance to win.  For tomorrow, I think they have about a 6/10 chance.   

Do this for each game, then multiply all the top halfs of the fractions and divide by 1 million (10^6).   That will give you a decimal which x100 is a  %.   The more optimistic your estimate, the higher the chance.    I made it 6,6,6,9,8,10 for the remaining games.   Better than 50/50 in every contest but it's hard to keep winning every game.   Even if you estimate them at 90% to win each contest, the cumulative expectation is still only 53% to win out.

But, with each win that extends the current streak, the % will go up.   Just sticking with my guestimate above, a win at Detroit ups the odds to about 26%, assuming my guesses are accurate.
Great statistical approach! However, I couldn't give them 10/10 in any game - nothing is completely certain. 9/10 against the Bears, though.

One game at a time.

Is Rodgers going to be back for the game against the stinking packets? Winning in GB with Rodgets back and the refs in their back pocket makets very difficult. 

Chance of winning out maybe 15-20%.

Chances are better!

Quote: @Hidalgo said:
The ONLY team that can beat these Minnesota Vikings is the Minnesota Vikings
Nah, the refs can beat us with one hand tied behind their back, especially when it's the hand they use to throw their flag when Diggs is being interfered with.

I might have to reduce the guestimate if we keep facing officials like we did today.   Still, a great team win at Detroit!