Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case Keenum has “a horseshoe right now” but how long will he have starting job?
Quote: @"PapaScott" said:
@"holmanjp" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"SFVikingFan" said:

i like it all except the last sentence or two.
You may not like it and may not agree with it...  but I think it is the truth.  Is it fair?  Probably not.  But the reality is that Teddy Bridgewater is healthy, he's looking very good in practice, and the Vikings viewed Teddy Bridgewater as their franchise QB prior to his injury.  It is pretty obvious that Zimmer and the coaches still view him that way.
Case has slowly been winning me over the past couple weeks.  If he helps the team beat Detroit tomorrow, it is almost a lock that he gets the start against Atlanta.  He basically controls his own destiny right now.  If he keeps the team winning games, it will make it impossible for the coaches to make a change.  If he doesn't play well and the team loses...  we'll see what happens.
At this point, I'm just living in the now.  We're 8-2, have a big division game tomorrow, and Case is starting.  Let's put the Lions in their place and get a BIG FAT W.
BOOM

I didn't go back and listen.

Was it something like? Case needs to keep winning, The Vikings need to keep winning.

That is wrong. No other QB would be held to that short of a leash. The team is 8-2
If Ted was the starter from WK 1. How many people would have been beating their chests.
If a crystal ball guaranteed, The team would be 8-2 after WK 11 and 1st in the North. With Ted as the QB.

The carrot keeps moving. 2 weeks ago it was, the next 5 games are brutal.
(I think) The Team has a good shot at being 10-3 after that 5 game stretch.

Leaving the Bengals,Packers, Bears to end the regular season. How many of those 3 are wins?? 

It's a 1 min video.  man our society has gotten lazy
I dont watch video at work, but I will comment on stuff that I have previously seen from memory,  might be wrong sometime,  but doesnt mean I havent watched it in the first place

Earl Morrall
On April 25, 1972, Morrall was claimed on waivers for $100 by the Miami Dolphins, reuniting him with his former Colts head coach, Don Shula. Shula described Morrall as "an intelligent quarterback who's won a lot of ball games for me."[2]
Morrall replaced the injured Bob Griese for the Dolphins during the team's October 15 win over the San Diego Chargers.[3] The victory gave Miami a 5-0 record, with Morrall building on that win to lead the team to the first undefeated regular season in the NFL since 1942 and only undefeated season ever, starting 11 out of 17 games that year. After notching a win in the team's first playoff game against the Cleveland Browns, Morrall struggled against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship game, leading to the return of Griese.
The Dolphins continued their unbeaten streak as quarterback Bob Griese, who had not played a game since week 5, took over the starting spot and led the team to two touchdowns in the second half.
Morrall would remain as a Dolphin quarterback for the next four seasons before finally announcing his retirement on May 2, 1977.[4] Until first Doug Flutie and then Vinny Testaverde almost 30 years later, Morrall was the oldest quarterback to start and win a football game in the NFL. In those 21 seasons, Morrall was part of 255 games, completing 1,379 passes for 20,809 yards and 161 touchdowns.

Quote: @"holmanjp" said:
@"PapaScott" said:
@"holmanjp" said:
@"PapaScott" said:
@"holmanjp" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"SFVikingFan" said:

i like it all except the last sentence or two.
You may not like it and may not agree with it...  but I think it is the truth.  Is it fair?  Probably not.  But the reality is that Teddy Bridgewater is healthy, he's looking very good in practice, and the Vikings viewed Teddy Bridgewater as their franchise QB prior to his injury.  It is pretty obvious that Zimmer and the coaches still view him that way.
Case has slowly been winning me over the past couple weeks.  If he helps the team beat Detroit tomorrow, it is almost a lock that he gets the start against Atlanta.  He basically controls his own destiny right now.  If he keeps the team winning games, it will make it impossible for the coaches to make a change.  If he doesn't play well and the team loses...  we'll see what happens.
At this point, I'm just living in the now.  We're 8-2, have a big division game tomorrow, and Case is starting.  Let's put the Lions in their place and get a BIG FAT W.
BOOM

I didn't go back and listen.

Was it something like? Case needs to keep winning, The Vikings need to keep winning.

That is wrong. No other QB would be held to that short of a leash. The team is 8-2
If Ted was the starter from WK 1. How many people would have been beating their chests.
If a crystal ball guaranteed, The team would be 8-2 after WK 11 and 1st in the North. With Ted as the QB.

The carrot keeps moving. 2 weeks ago it was, the next 5 games are brutal.
(I think) The Team has a good shot at being 10-3 after that 5 game stretch.

Leaving the Bengals,Packers, Bears to end the regular season. How many of those 3 are wins?? 

It's a 1 min video.  man our society has gotten lazy
That or to busy, and can't sit around at work (like some) getting paid to re watch 1 minute videos to get the words exactly right.
are you inferring that I'm sitting?  getting paid to watch?   funny the amount of time that you took to read this thread, respond and type what you did and even reply to my quote of your post, you could have watched it several times.  Unbelievable!!!   how someone can respond to a post, article, link without even bothering to look, read, watch it.  Then criticizes someone who points it out.  Doh Kay
Someone get up on the wrong side of the bed?

Are you now implying I never watched it in the first place.
The jist of how I remembered it was fairly close. Maybe not to a perfectionist like yourself, but close enough. 

Just because you possibly just saw the video or have a photographic memory, does not take away from
the fact that I watched it yesterday around 4:00 Mountain time. If my not so perfect memory is right about that.
Nope didn't get out of the wrong side of the bed.  I read what you posted and thought you said you didn't go listen to it.  rereading it now I didn't fully "read' what you posted, LOL    my bad sorry.
I do try to make sure I'm correct in what I say and post.

Quote: @"PapaScott" said:
Nope didn't get out of the wrong side of the bed.  I read what you posted and thought you said you didn't go listen to it.  rereading it now I didn't fully "read' what you posted, LOL    my bad sorry.
I do try to make sure I'm correct in what I say and post.

No problem.
Sorry I got all defensive.