Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool interview with Thielen

Having him on the team is just a great story.  The fact that he's a stud WR for the team, is just awesome.  Thanks for posting, SC!

Thielen: Every step of my journey. I had a coach when I was getting recruited say maybe you should play basketball at a Division III level, because you’re not good enough to play football in college. Same with the NFL. When I said I was going to train for the NFL and try to make it, I had coaches say, hey maybe you should find a [real] job or try to play in the Arena League or something like that.
I’ve always had that, which is great for me. I love that. I love when people doubt me. I love when people don’t think that I’m good enough to play at a certain level, not good enough to be a starter, things like that. That’s the stuff that drives me. That’s the stuff that I think about constantly when I’m out there working at practice.

gotta love this guy! 

Quote: @Kentis said:
Thielen: Every step of my journey. I had a coach when I was getting recruited say maybe you should play basketball at a Division III level, because you’re not good enough to play football in college. Same with the NFL. When I said I was going to train for the NFL and try to make it, I had coaches say, hey maybe you should find a [real] job or try to play in the Arena League or something like that.
I’ve always had that, which is great for me. I love that. I love when people doubt me. I love when people don’t think that I’m good enough to play at a certain level, not good enough to be a starter, things like that. That’s the stuff that drives me. That’s the stuff that I think about constantly when I’m out there working at practice.

gotta love this guy! 
Well Adam, I doubt you can score 3 times this Sunday.

An underrated aspect of his makeup is his confidence: you can see it out there. He talks to the refs about calls, he does the first down arm move after a catch, he's INTO the game. That can't be underestimated to his success. 

He's a better catcher of the ball then he was a few years ago. He gets open like crazy. He knows he belongs in this league.

Quote: @Scoog said:
@Kentis said:

gotta love this guy! 
Well Adam, I doubt you can score 3 times this Sunday.
I see what you did there.