Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thielen On Historic Pace

The sidenote on Thielen is his surprising ascendance as an UDFA totally mitigates the whiff on Treadwell. Adam is legit.  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The sidenote on Thielen is his surprising ascendance as an UDFA totally mitigates the whiff on Treadwell. Adam is legit.  
Totally legit. Not many WR's I'd trade AT for anymore.

Better to be lucky than good? The front office and scouts didn't just whiff on Treadwell, they flushed 2 1st rd picks including Flashie too...Then go back to all the swing and misses on FA WR's. Yuck. Ick. Poopie. 

Now they've got an udfa and a #5 rd starting @ WR. And they're both damn good too. 

The Patriots trade down not up for a reason. 

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
We also traded up for Cook and Elflein.

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
they trade down to amass the picks to move back up when they see value.  

I like the way Spelly works the draft up and down.  I think he is one of the Top 10 drafting GM's and is pretty darn good at free agency and trades.  

I think I heard an announcer say during one of the games this season year that Thielen is an undrafted Free Agent from Mankato State, where he only had a small scholarship.  

When I see Elflein play, I just don't get how he dropped: he's stout, strong and incredibly mobile. The guy attacks the 2nd level. A starting OL at Ohio State is a great pick to place a bet on upside with: they are athletic and well coached. Usually top level prospects coming out of high school. 

Quote: @BStads said:
I think I heard an announcer say during one of the games this season year that Thielen is an undrafted Free Agent from Mankato State, where he only had a small scholarship.  
I think youre right. The anouncers may have mentioned that lol.