Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GBN 2018 Mock Draft
Sheldon Richardson might hit the market...
I'm wondering if Chubb doesn't last until the 3rd with his history of knee issues...Royce Freeman is another guy I'd consider Day 2 late...After Guice and Brkley, that top end is a bit meager unless you like Love...

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@PSBLAKE said:
A safety would be a great pickup this year we are real thin beyond the two starters.
I can see us adding a safety later in the draft, but not a high pick since both Sendejo and Smith are under contract for another few years. They can get out of Sendejo's contract with no impact after this season, but he's been playing pretty well. 

I agree with those who say 3T. Other than maybe Easton's LG spot, that's the only position where I could see a rookie coming in and contributing right away. Jaleel could move into that starting role next season, but with Tom Johnson a free agent and Floyd likely finished, I think this is the most glaring need. Plus, 3T is such a high impact position. 

At first glance, I'd probably go 3T, OL, RB. Of course Teddy's knee will have a lot to say about where we take a QB. If there's trouble there, that QB goes to the first round. 
I wouldn't be surprised to see them focus on adding a safety to pair with Smith other than Sendejo. Dejo has been good this season but I still think you can have Smith be a true Queen if you had more reliability on the back-end. Last year they were hot after Josh Jones and I can say with confidence he or Pocic likely were the picks until Cook dropped. The year before they really liked Keanu Neal & Karl Joseph and were considering each of them in addition to Treadwell. 

Quote: @FessVike said:
Geoff,

How do you see Jaleel Johnson panning out?.
Thank you
Hard to say since we haven't seen him get a ton of meaningful snaps yet. I think he has the potential to be a strong rotational guy on the inside, but I don't know if he is the type of player that is going to start at 3-tech. He is stronger at the point than he is at getting into the backfield. But that isn't to say that those aren't skills they've been working with him on.  

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@PSBLAKE said:
A safety would be a great pickup this year we are real thin beyond the two starters.
I can see us adding a safety later in the draft, but not a high pick since both Sendejo and Smith are under contract for another few years. They can get out of Sendejo's contract with no impact after this season, but he's been playing pretty well. 

I agree with those who say 3T. Other than maybe Easton's LG spot, that's the only position where I could see a rookie coming in and contributing right away. Jaleel could move into that starting role next season, but with Tom Johnson a free agent and Floyd likely finished, I think this is the most glaring need. Plus, 3T is such a high impact position. 

At first glance, I'd probably go 3T, OL, RB. Of course Teddy's knee will have a lot to say about where we take a QB. If there's trouble there, that QB goes to the first round. 
I wouldn't be surprised to see them focus on adding a safety to pair with Smith other than Sendejo. Dejo has been good this season but I still think you can have Smith be a true Queen if you had more reliability on the back-end. Last year they were hot after Josh Jones and I can say with confidence he or Pocic likely were the picks until Cook dropped. The year before they really liked Keanu Neal & Karl Joseph and were considering each of them in addition to Treadwell. 

There's potentially a tasty FA from GB who would fit the bill...