Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If WR Josh Gordon is reinstated and traded or released....
Diggs, AT19, Gordon, Treadwell, Wright, Floyd

Thats like having 3 #1WRs

Fun thought but not going to happen 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
As far as Gordon being in the league long enough... do suspended games/years count towards being a veteran and not habing to clear waivers?  Maybe Gordon wouldn't qualify?
Expiration of trade deadline means all released players are subject to waiversThe passing of the trade deadline has one major impact on the NFL, apart from the inability to, you know, do trades. With the passing of 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday comes a significant change in the status of released players.
Before the trade deadline, any player with four or more years of service becomes a free agent the moment he’s released. After the trade deadline, the player must pass through waivers. If he’s claimed, that’s the team for whom he’ll be playing.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/01/expiration-of-trade-deadline-means-all-released-players-are-subject-to-waivers/

Quote: @Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
As far as Gordon being in the league long enough... do suspended games/years count towards being a veteran and not habing to clear waivers?  Maybe Gordon wouldn't qualify?
Expiration of trade deadline means all released players are subject to waiversThe passing of the trade deadline has one major impact on the NFL, apart from the inability to, you know, do trades. With the passing of 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday comes a significant change in the status of released players.
Before the trade deadline, any player with four or more years of service becomes a free agent the moment he’s released. After the trade deadline, the player must pass through waivers. If he’s claimed, that’s the team for whom he’ll be playing.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/01/expiration-of-trade-deadline-means-all-released-players-are-subject-to-waivers/

I was thinking that something like that came into play,  but I could have also been thinking about baseball so who the hell knows what I was thinking.