Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Didn't realize the Lions were 3 wins...
That Turkey Day game is going to be their season...

Hate looking that far ahead - but I just did Smile

Scary to think about if Dalvin, doesn’t hurt his leg.  Vikings win, are 7-1, Lions 2-5 with a 4.5 game lead on Detroit and a 2.5 game on the Rodgers less Pack. 

All this with damn Case Keenum at QB for 7 games.  I really like Case, but how good is this team

Split the next two, and then you have excatly what you could ask for, a game to essentially control your fate for a divison crown and playoff seeding

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
That Turkey Day game is going to be their season...

Hate looking that far ahead - but I just did Smile
And the Lions are currently on a 3 game losing streak...

Quote: @Skodin said:

Split the next two, and then you have excatly what you could ask for, a game to essentially control your fate for a divison crown and playoff seeding
Why split the next two  - and, which are you considering the likely win, the 3-4 Redskins in DC or 5-2 Rams at home? I think they are actually going to be tougher than our last 4 games, but both winnable.

Bengals and Bears at USB are likely wins, but there are no other soft games. Team needs to peak and play its best on the road trip (Lions, Falcons, Panthers) - if they can somehow take two of those, they will contend for home-field in the playoffs.

Had we not played like complete donkey VS the lions and we are 7-1, tied for the NFC and already locking up the NFCN. My brother was at that game and said the game felt weird from the get go (a few fumbles) then when Cook got hurt the air went out of the stadium. I realize some days you just don't have it. But the Lions suck this year and we are better than that. We have played very poorly a few weeks (Pit, Det, Cle) and Case was a big part of it (plus play calling). But his inconsistencies and needing the rollout O are why I am very ready for Teddy. I just don't think sleeves can be healthy enough to put together a run. Look what happened to him VS chi and how they nearly killed him and his 95% to-be-replaced knee.

We have to win those home games. I know the Rams are going to be a tough, tough win but we need those home wins at the bare minimum, and then pick up at least 1 more road win. I know that means 4 road losses but my belief is 10-6 gets us in the playoffs.  This is the bare minimum of what needs to happen, but I'd love to see better than this. I'm all over the place with this team. It's clear we play much better at home than on the road, which is nothing new because sans the 2015 season and the 2009 season we've been pretty crappy on the road for like a decade.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@Skodin said:

Why split the next two  - and, which are you considering the likely win, the 3-4 Redskins in DC or 5-2 Rams at home? I think they are actually going to be tougher than our last 4 games, but both winnable.

Bengals and Bears at USB are likely wins, but there are no other soft games. Team needs to peak and play its best on the road trip (Lions, Falcons, Panthers) - if they can somehow take two of those, they will contend for home-field in the playoffs.
I believe we will win the Wash/LA games. Washington, ehh, especially with that OL taking a beating (which wont get any easier with the Seahawks next) but games in Washington have always been weird for us and not in our favor. Shall I count the games 

87 Championship Loss
92 Regular season, choked at home, they had 5 FGs and won
92 Playoffs, choked at home
04, Moss leaves early week 17, back into playoffs
07, playoff berth on the line, lose on MNF
11, AP exploding knee, Joe Webb winner
12, RG3 runs for 1000 yards in game we should have won

Wins for us?
93 to get in the playoffs, yeah roy barker!
10 Favre flashes 
14 Teddy gets the W at the Bank

Not many important Viking wins over Redskins over the last 30 years

LA on the other hand, this is a very nice matchup of good teams. Xavier can negate Watkins, Austin’s speed can be matches by Tres, the RunD will challenge Gurley. Whitworth vs Everson. Ultimately I believ the LBs could be huge in this game as they play a young QB who isnt quite there yet.  Could and should get a lot of different looks, mistakes will be made.  

Home crowd could help neutralize their pass rushers, allow for the changing up the cadence, play calling, speed.  I give us an advantage to win this game. 

So yes, I can see us go 2-0 with good QB play, not great but good. 8-2 with the 3 game road trip coming, with a chance to maybe lock up the Divison on Thanksgiving.

8-2 Vikes vs 5-5 Lions, its possible

Lions were a different team earlier. They are now in full fledged Lion mode. Same troubles along the o-line, and inconsistency galore. Put that together with some ridiculous play calling in the red zone, and they are back in the dead zone. We need to get our guys healthy, and keep teams off balance. Have to get some more people involved in the passing game.

Quote: @Neptizzle said:
Had we not played like complete donkey VS the lions and we are 7-1, tied for the NFC and already locking up the NFCN. My brother was at that game and said the game felt weird from the get go (a few fumbles) then when Cook got hurt the air went out of the stadium. I realize some days you just don't have it. But the Lions suck this year and we are better than that. We have played very poorly a few weeks (Pit, Det, Cle) and Case was a big part of it (plus play calling). But his inconsistencies and needing the rollout O are why I am very ready for Teddy. I just don't think sleeves can be healthy enough to put together a run. Look what happened to him VS chi and how they nearly killed him and his 95% to-be-replaced knee.
I was at the game behind the end zone Vikings side (so Cook was running away from us)  and saying Cook's injury took the air out of the stadium is an understatement.
After that game, I got a new appreciation for Zimmer and the coaching staff for the work they do.
You could tell the players were gutted and I have no idea how the defence kept playing at a high level. Even the crowd was not responding to the "Get Loud" call from the video board as they were before the injury.
It was also at this game that I realized Trae Wayne's was just being over criticized. I left feeling good about his play and the future despite the few mistakes.

Well while the players get some well deserved rest I'm also hoping the coaching staff does a good self evaluation. We need to get either Teddy ready to play or work finding Case's best attributes and utilize them the best you can in game planning. The upcoming schedule won't be easy but will be winnable with some luck.