Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings owner Mark Wilf calls London ‘great experience,’ doesn’t rule out another visit
LONDON — The Vikings have been to London twice this decade. Would they be willing to go again?
Vikings owner Mark Wilf said Friday that could be a possibility.
“Potentially,’’ Wilf said. “We’ve had a great experience so far here, and we will be supportive of the league’s efforts on the International Series wherever we can. So that could mean that.’’
In 2013, the Vikings gave up a home game and beat Pittsburgh 34-27 at Wembley Stadium. On Sunday, they will be the road team against Cleveland at Twickenham Stadium.
Wilf was noncommittal when asked if the Vikings would be willing to give up another home game to take part in the NFL International Series, which also includes games in Mexico City.
“I know we have that possibility as an option, but we have such a fan great experience (at U.S. Bank Stadium) and we’re trying to settle that in,’’ Wilf said. “Right now, we’re just focusing as a road team this week.’’ 
http://www.twincities.com/2017/10/27/vik...her-visit/

Wilf on Wednesday also addressed the state of the Vikings. He is pleased with their 5-2 record despite having had a number of injuries.
“I really like where the team is,’’ Wilf said. “I know Coach (Mike) Zimmer and (general maanger) Rick Spielman have done a great job in terms of being about next man up. … I think this year I really have a good feeling in terms of what that means. We have faced adversity. … I think the depth (of the team) has improved considerably.’’

I'm sure a lot of it depends on whether or not you're the home or the away team.

Quote: @medaille said:
I'm sure a lot of it depends on whether or not you're the home or the away team.
True....Are you losing a "true home game?" 

This is supposed to be a home game for the Brownies, but I'll bet there is a lot more purple in the crowd.

The other thing is being the host team means you have a lot more official duties to perform, events to host vs the visiting team.

Most would argue its a bigger distraction for the home team in London vs visiting one. 

I wonder how much the "home " team makes in these games vs a true home game.