Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LA Chargers crowd

I read a story about this.  Every game is sold out, but eventual fans who attend want to do it in the new stadium, so they are selling their tickets on stub hub, making each game look like an away game.  If the Rams and Chargers win, they will draw fans.  Chargers had no choice but to move.  sad did nothing to help them over the last 20 years trying to get a stadium.  We got lucky, this could have been us if Dayton hadn't strong-armed US Bank Stadium through 

Quote: @"Tom Moore" said:
I read a story about this.  Every game is sold out, but eventual fans who attend want to do it in the new stadium, so they are selling their tickets on stub hub, making each game look like an away game.  If the Rams and Chargers win, they will draw fans.  Chargers had no choice but to move.  sad did nothing to help them over the last 20 years trying to get a stadium.  We got lucky, this could have been us if Dayton hadn't strong-armed US Bank Stadium through 
Yah, as looney as Dayton is, I will be grateful for his efforts in keeping the Vikings. They were sure as s hit gone if Tpaw or Ventura were still running things. 

I found myself reflecting a bit on the Metrodome today while @ beautiful USB - with it's big doors open on a fall, crisp day. Wind blowing in from outside. Field all sunny. I had a surprising # of gratitude moments during the game today. Metrodome seems like a long time ago already. 

one of the news stations did a story out here when they played the Eagles....Eagle fans FAR outnumbered Charger fans....and LOTS of empty seats.

it was like a home game for Philly, 'cept nobody got stabbed

That place holds like 27,000 people. It looked like there was a lot of orange there today. The new stadium opens in 2020. Guess we'll have to wait and see how they do. 

Not sure if "crowd " is the word I would use to describe that smattering of people.

I bet there are pro baseball teams with a better average attendance than the chargers end up with this year.  Of course they aren't alone.  I saw a TD highlight yesterday where the player jumped into the stands and sat down in a seat and there was absolute nobody around him in the stands on either side or for several rows behind him.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
 I saw a TD highlight yesterday where the player jumped into the stands and sat down in a seat and there was absolute nobody around him in the stands on either side or for several rows behind him.
That was the Jets, playing in Miami.  Not surprising at all for a Fins game  :p