Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Defense Ranked #1 by PFF
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-defenses-after-week-6

1. MINNESOTA VIKINGSBEST-GRADED STARTER: Harrison Smith, S, 93.9
WORST-GRADED: Trae Waynes, CB, 46.4
The Vikings under Mike Zimmer have always had a strong defense, but they have been particularly suffocating this season, with Linval Joseph leading their run defense up the middle and Harrison Smith patrolling the back end along with Xavier Rhodes at cornerback. As a unit, this team has 101 total pressures through six games.
LIVE WELL ~ LOVE MUCH ~ LAUGH OFTEN

PFF sucks I would rather go by some of our Scout naysayer experts.   

Oh wait we are #1, I agree Smile

I don't see how Waynes can have such a poor grade.  Considering he is playing opposite a true shutdown corner he I going to get targeted significantly more and since our defense is still #1...that has to say something.  I think he is playing pretty good and if there was a weaker plater than Rhodes on the other side that QBs would be looking some other way more often.  He is just being focused on and thusly he will look worse than the guy not getting challenged by default.  Waynes has really stepped up huge in run support and that is a big thing for this defense IMO.  I have been amazed at his willingness to stick his head in there and make so of theservice plays,  and he is getting much better at not drawing the big PI flags.