Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workmanlike approach serving Reiff, Vikings well
http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/sports/4...kings-well

Damn straight.
Quote:On the field, Reiff and the offensive line have only allowed nine sacks
in six games this season, which is tied for fourth-best in the NFL. The
offense ranks 10th in the league in yards per game (356).
Hardly notice he plays.  Best thing you can say about a LT.  Damn good signing by Spielman and hopefully is a short to long term answer.

Its still surreal to me this offensive line is playing as well as it has. Very pleasantly surprised. I pissed and moaned about it ad nauseam here until they proved it these last 6 games. Elflein is incredibly good. If the Vikings were smart, they'd draft more offensive lineman somewhere in the first 4 rounds of next year's draft. Anxious to see if Isodora can crack the lineup next season.

One very noticeable thing: these guys like playing with each and just like each other in general. You can see it on the field.

Good point Sticky.  They do seem to do well as a unit and enjoy each other.  I wonder if part of the issue in the past was too many high priced guys without results.  Kalil, whom I defended too long, was overpaid and under performed and most of all didn't seem to care.  Boone was all talk and so little action for his paycheck.  That poor ROI had to affect the cohesiveness of the unit. 

Remmers has been pretty solid.  Berger and Easton are the weak links, but not to the point of failure. 

They have really bonded well as a unit. It's great to see them work together but also have fun together. I loved that celebration in the end zone because it included the OL. Case said in the presser how much he appreciates them. McKinnon addressed it too. It's great to see some stability there. Solid and steady works for me. 

Reiff and Elflein are the MVPs of this offense, hands down.

Elflein will only get stronger and better...he will be a mainstay at center for years to come and thank goodness.  Rick picked a winner with him.

6 games together... They will get better...