Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodgers walked into A. Barr
I talked to some Pack fans at work yesterday and they pretty much got steam coming out of their ears. As expected and I'd feel the same way. 

Does that mean I have empathy or sympathy for em? Hell no. 

I also can't shake this feeling there's some magic left in Rogers this season. Come-back on 12/23 vs Vikings, playoff run and winning a SB in Mpls. 

Ok, gotta stop my mind from wandering...I'm off to Thailand if that happens. 

Why were they upset purplefaithful?  Did they think it was a dirty hit?  I can understand that it sucks to lose Rodgers, but that was a good, clean hit.

Nothing like the cheap sh*t their own team has pulled over the years.  Matthews is a dirty scumbag.

Trying to take out Romo's knees WAY after the play
[Image: GrimIgnorantClingfish.gif]

Spearing
[Image: IllegalPlushAndeancockoftherock.gif]

Illegal blindside block
[Image: giphy.gif]

Late hit WAY out of bounds
[Image: latehite.gif]

They can be upset that Rodgers is injured. But I call bullshit on the dirty hit part of that. Some were saying Barr intended to injure Rodgers or take him out. Don't buy it for a minute. 

This is what Barr brings to the table.  He is a large LB, but he is explosive.  Most LBs don't close that gap that fast and Rodgers thought he had time.  Watching the whole play again, Barr is in coverage as Rodgers rolls out.  Maybe spying, but he has good depth.  But he closes that so quickly.  Amazing play IMO.

Quote: @greediron said:
This is what Barr brings to the table.  He is a large LB, but he is explosive.  Most LBs don't close that gap that fast and Rodgers thought he had time.  Watching the whole play again, Barr is in coverage as Rodgers rolls out.  Maybe spying, but he has good depth.  But he closes that so quickly.  Amazing play IMO.
Amazing play indeed Smile

So Barr was 4 yards deep in coverage/spy mode.  As Rodgers starts to sprint out, Barr is 10 yards away from him.  Without getting into geometry, by the time Barr hits him, he has covered about 15-20 yards in about 3-4 seconds.

I'm comfortable in thinking Barr didn't intentionally try to hurt Rodgers, but every defensive player does want to put a thought into the QB's head that they will get hit if they try to run outside of the pocket--or hold the ball too long.  Same thing with WRs going over the middle--some Safety will usually hit them so they will be a little gun shy next time.

Also, it's possible Rodgers created the problem in hopping he could cause a 15 yard roughing the QB penalty called against Barr.  Some QBs have acknowledged doing the same thing when running out of bounds.