Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD traded to Cardinals
Guess that Southern Hospitality was short lived

AZ....where great running backs retire

Like everyone I talk to is saying: "I am not surprised".
I wish Peterson the best but I think he is nearing the end.

What's really crazy about this trade is that Arizona & Carson Palmer throw more than New Orleans or Minnesota.  Palmer is always looking for the deep pass all the time.  How is AP ever going to see the field?  He doesn't catch or run routes worth a damn and can't pass block at all.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
What's really crazy about this trade is that Arizona & Carson Palmer throw more than New Orleans or Minnesota.  Palmer is always looking for the deep pass all the time.  How is AP ever going to see the field?  He doesn't catch or run routes worth a damn and can't pass block at all.
Don't worry, they will bring Peterson in when they are going to run the ball and take him out on passing plays!! Defenses will never figure out that trick...

Slow painful fading of a once great RB who does not realize he is done.

Why is he still "AD"?   I think he be "SD" - SomeDays

It is sad.  You see his body and he remains one of the most fit players in the NFL, but father time stops for no one.  Instead of a freak of nature, what Adrian after his ACL was a very dedicated and motivated athlete to recover and get back.  It was amazing.  But, at the time, he kept saying "doctors told me that when they did the surgery, I had the knees of an 18 year old".   That is a meaningless statement. His body has logged lots of miles in HS, college and the pros.  They rode him like the Oilers rode Earl Campbell.   Bodies break-down.   Players get slower, and even a tick slower can make all the difference in the NFL.

Adrian really is not a bad guy - we've talked to him.   But, he is surrounded by "yes" men, who tell him what he wants to hear, rather than some of the realities like "no team is going to give you 30 carries a game at age 32, in a passing league".