Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay coffee shop denies service to Christians

So be it.  I am so sick of all this shit.  Why do we try to legislate decency? 

I think its becoming perfectly clear that all the laws in the world won't change anything.

If somebody doesn't want me in their private store, or club, or whatever it's their right,  but fuck em I don't want to give them my money then either, I sure as hell am not going to raise hell for the right to give some assholes my money.

I am waiting on the ACLU that went after the Christian bakery that denied service to a gay couple to go after the gay cafe owner that denied service here.

Or a similar outrage and shitting down his business. 

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
I am waiting on the ACLU that went after the Christian bakery that denied service to a gay couple to go after the gay cafe owner that denied service here.

Or a similar outrage and shitting down his business. 
I hope you aren't holding you breath.

LMAO nope.  

Maybe someone from the left can explain it me instead.  

And..... apparently nobody cares.  Denied service, thrown out... reverse the people and this would be all over the news.  All.  Over.  It. 

Tweet this to the Pres so it gets the coverage it deserves.  =)

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
And..... apparently nobody cares.  Denied service, thrown out... reverse the people and this would be all over the news.  All.  Over.  It. 

Tweet this to the Pres so it gets the coverage it deserves.  =)
Mostly because the people who were "wronged" in this case fully support the shop owner's right to refuse service to whomever they choose.

However, I think the best thing to do would be to take it to court so that it DOES get upheld so there is case law to support the position that refusing service is fine. Because, in fact, this is worse than the wedding cake thing. The bakery said "we'll sell you whatever you want, but we won't make a wedding cake because that specific item would make us an active part of something our religion explicitly forbids." In this case, the shop owner was more like "nah, I don't like you or your kind... so get out."

Right to refuse service is something every private business should be able to do.  And yeah that would be a great idea and hopefully they do. 

yup no problem to me. course i also beleive the baker can refuse service as well.