Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Into The Bargain Bin We Dive

Vikings signed RB Stevan Ridley.

Ridley worked out along with a handful of other free agents Wednesday. While he has had success in the past, Ridley has looked past it his last several stops. He is just a depth signing and not a real threat to Latavius Murray's workload.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

He had one decent year in New England back in 2012. Since then, not so much. He's Ronnie Hillman 2.0 that will never see the field unless we have nobody else healthy. Wake me up when actually add someone that will contribute. I can't believe that there isn't a rookie rb on somebody's practice squad that would've been a better choice, especially with all of the depth at Running Back in the draft. 

Totally meh re Ridley. Who was waived to make room? Assume a WR, probably Adams.

He's taking Cooks spot who was put on IR.

Quote: @"GermanVike" said:
He's taking Cooks spot who was put on IR.
well then who is getting cut to make room for Floyd who rejoins the team today?

We'll know that next Tuesday...Floyd has a week roster exemption...I'd guess Adams... 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
We'll know that next Tuesday...Floyd has a week roster exemption...I'd guess Adams... 
Only exempt if he doesn't play right?  He is inactive but able to practice I believe.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Only exempt if he doesn't play right?  He is inactive but able to practice I believe.

Correct...if we were planning on playing him Monday, they'd have to make a move to free up a spot...last thing I read was we were going to make our roster move next Tuesday...

Head coach Mike Zimmer said Floyd would likely be activated to 53-man roster on Monday and that Treadwell and Floyd would be used in different packages.

from Scout.com behind the paywall article...